Adhesive Question

allrite ive been wanting to get into FG for awhile now. ive been doing auto for the past year now or so and have been using hanita flims. what better way to get a little practice by layin film on my house! i doubt i will need to reverse roll any windows in my house but for practice im goin to. im using optitune 40 on dual pane clear glass which has water activated adhesive. ive reversed rolled many back glasses on cars but i have a peel board. can you roll the film up dry and reverse roll onto wetted glass?

allrite ive been wanting to get into FG for awhile now. ive been doing auto for the past year now or so and have been using hanita flims. what better way to get a little practice by layin film on my house! i doubt i will need to reverse roll any windows in my house but for practice im goin to. im using optitune 40 on dual pane clear glass which has water activated adhesive. ive reversed rolled many back glasses on cars but i have a peel board. can you roll the film up dry and reverse roll onto wetted glass?

Not sure what reverse rolling technique you are using for auto, but I've seen it done both with and without the liner. For water activated adhesives the liner stays on when reverse rolling and it's applied to wet glass.

Idk. if Hanita snaps, but to prevent any contamination I will wet the top 6" before starting to release the liner , roll back up and pull about 6-8" of liner (back rolling it) and spray that Then when you wet the glass stay away from the top edge. Keeps the possibility of breaking anything free and falling onto the glass. If the liner will release , let it go , you might have to snap it. If not as with some films , you can position the already wetted part of the film , steady it on the glass and roll down a ways then pull the liner . :rollin

On the peel board liner facing me i peel it, wet it, then stick it back on. Roll it up then flip the liner over onto the back side and apply. I dont see a way of peeling the liner to get it wet when handling a large piece of film

Not sure what reverse rolling technique you are using for auto, but I've seen it done both with and without the liner. For water activated adhesives the liner stays on when reverse rolling and it's applied to wet glass.

Oops sorry forgot to answer your question.... yes it's rolled up dry, just wet the top edge of your roll to stick the liner back to.

On the peel board liner facing me i peel it, wet it, then stick it back on. Roll it up then flip the liner over onto the back side and apply. I dont see a way of peeling the liner to get it wet when handling a large piece of film

You can because it rolls tighter than a b/g that is shrunk. You can handle 72' pc's the same way. Say you have your roll of film and you carefully pull down even 1 ft. and lightly spray that then roll it back up . You will get used to how far for either procedure , but then you start to separate the liner . While you're holding the roll with one hand you are separating the liner with your finger. And it is rolling back on the roll.When you have 8" or so pulled , wet that. Then its just like rolling on a b/g. And you can determine whether to place it on the wetted glass and roll it down, or snap it and the liner will "back roll "onto the film. hope that helps

Guest VOLTRON

Like HG is explaining is the way to do it. Depending on the size of the windows depends on how much it will snap and unroll itself. On shorter windows you will need to manually unroll some of it but it reverse rolls very well.

Guest ridiculous
Snapping meaning drop the film and let it unroll itself? The weight of the film makes it fall?

yes that's what they're saying. but i call it a "drop roll"...

Snapping meaning drop the film and let it unroll itself? The weight of the film makes it fall?

By spraying the film there is added weight ,which helps more aggressive adhesives to release.And it holds the liner to allow it to "backroll".

Archived