2011 f350

Guest milly

Has anyone had to heat shrink these front side windows? I m new as some of you probably know, anyways I didn't think I'd have to shrink them. I was doing it for my dad, I'll give it another go tomorrow.

My steps for anyone that cares lol

Clean windows

Lay film, cut the left side

Roll window down a inch or so,

Cut top/right side

Peel the liner back

Place on inside

Squeegee into place...

Ps: I don't have a cutting board

You have to cut the bottom on these trucks first then pull your film down and proceed as normal. easy window and easy door panel to remove. Every once in a while ill have to shrink these after bein applied to the inside.

Alright so leave a few inches at the top, then once I cut the bottom first I then move the film down and cut the top(once window is rolled down an inch or so?

Start with window rolled up. U gotta have a 24" roll. Cut along the curve at the bottom then move your film down an inch or so. Cut ur front side then back side then roll wondow down and cut the top.

Thanks for explaining! :thumb

My friend thats a tinter told me he never has to shrink truck side windows...So i was wondering why i got fingers. I'll try the way you explained tomorrow and hopefully that will work. I know I could get it looking really good if no fingers decide to pop up. I haven't had much experience with them.

Pull the top of the door panel off the seal and pull that sucker out. Fingers in that glass are made by the way you squeege. Start by making one or two passes horizontal then squeege up then roll the window up and squeege down. There shouldn't be any fingers. Tape the side seals for a cleaner install.

If u get a finger at the bottom just hit it with alittle heat. If u get one on sides just slowly push it down with a hardcard wrapped in a paler towel.

my friend asked if my fingers were at the bottom...Mine were at the top though for some reason?

Pull the top of the door panel off the seal and pull that sucker out. Fingers in that glass are made by the way you squeege. Start by making one or two passes horizontal then squeege up then roll the window up and squeege down. There shouldn't be any fingers. Tape the side seals for a cleaner install.

Alright so quick question...When i lay the film on the outside of the glass to cut it out, once it's cut out do i squeegee the whole window on the outside THEN pull it off and apply to the inside? That's what i was doing...

Or should it be:

cut film out, take off, then apply to the inside and THEN squeegee?

edit: I've been following this guide step by step since i did my first car a week ago..

Archived