IRENE

108 hours without power at home. NYSEG has not committed to a restoration date.

We have a generator that runs the bare essentials, but I have not had a hot shower in days. I have not been to a laundromat since my college days either, but I had the pleasure of visiting the local one yesterday.

Anyone got 4 quarters for a dollar?

BTW: Tropical Storm Katia will reach hurricane strength by late tonight. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Here we go again

-Howard

Guest VOLTRON

yea I saw this morning that katia is building and they are saying CAT 3 to 4. Hope everyone is doing ok considering what happened and what is possibly comming. Best wishes to you guys!

Guest filmslayer
yea I saw this morning that katia is building and they are saying CAT 3 to 4. Hope everyone is doing ok considering what happened and what is possibly comming. Best wishes to you guys!

something forming in the gulf heading your way too ....

wow I just saw this and thanks for the nod Howard. We made out fine considering we had no power from Sunday morning until last night. I came to work yesterday in Boston and used the shower here to be ready for work. I stayed here last night and will again tonite since my wife was telling me about gas shortages in the area down there. She said there are reports of the distribution places in New Haven being out. Figure why waste the gas any way. We had a Willow tree uprooted with the wind and it just missed damaging the house. Other than that we lost some shingles but are doing fine. I hope you guys get power back soon.

Archived