consevatory roof

Guest nadakuss

Guest Malcolm E Boo
But I would look at a 5% dual reflective.

that was my thought but also thought i'd let you lot answer ...

Shyeah right, of course it was :thumb

i don't know the construction ... also thought bout ext. black out ....

Although it would work I think the ext blackout would look awful on a conservatory.

Guest Malcolm E Boo
agreed , but is what i think he's looking for ... :dunno

And there is the compromise.

Looks or performance.

Which is why a talk through things would help no end.

Guest nadakuss

Hi I'm based in dorset in the UK I think this is an American forum do not sure you will be too local. Also the roof is self cleaning witch I guess is somethin put on the outside of the glass. It also has a very slight blue tint as well. Anymore thoughts would be great thanks.

Guest Malcolm E Boo
Hi I'm based in dorset in the UK I think this is an American forum do not sure you will be too local. Also the roof is self cleaning witch I guess is somethin put on the outside of the glass. It also has a very slight blue tint as well. Anymore thoughts would be great thanks.

Other end of the Country to me. I am based in Manchester.

Do look at Hanita Titan Dual 05.

Guest monkeyboy

Depends also what your budget is. But here are a few pro's and con's for both.

Blinds certainly block glare, but they are very expensive, need regular cleaning and maintenance (something I'm going to be bold and say neither of you would fancy doing) you say the heat reduction is fine at the moment but blinds in nowaywill improve on that even if you honestly wish your conservatory could be a little more comfortble in summer months.

Window film has a large range of shades, obvioulsy here you will need as dark as possible, but bearing in mind the Active Blue roof is already tinted I'm positive there will be appropriate glare reduction to be comfortable to watch TV. Apparently you need to reduce glare by 97% to enable comfortable viewing of a TV/computer screen. Film also has a 10 year to a lifetime guarantee. Its is maintenance free and will also reduce the heat. Its easier and less expensive to heat a room than cool one down. You say its now your living room? Why not enjoy looking at the stars on clear night from the comfort of your sofa!? Or use candles to heat is up if its slightly cool.

Let us know your county and I'm sure someoe on here might be able to give you better samples or even a sample on your roof to decide on.

Just what I reckon, all the best though if we don't hear from you and congratulations on the baby. If its your first... Enjoy! the sleepless nights... :dunno

Regards

Archived