Heat shrinking V-Kool film

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Litespeeds

I have worked with it and still offer it for autos. It is very difficult to shrink because if you get a little too much heat on it, it will shrivel up faster than hair when it's on fire. Best to shrink with low heat. There is a method that I use but am still trying to perfect it.

Guest Sprinter

by what you've all said its eaiser to shrink hooper than v- cool never had the oppratunity to work with either film. I can't get one and the other is so overly sold here I'd have to be put on a waiting list to be able to carry it.

Skinn,

Sounds like you may have inherited the job I turned away:

Mercedes 4 Door for Indonesian Student named M******?

I put the 35% slate film on that car about a year ago.

You might want to read this: installing customer's V-kool

If you do it, please post results and even pics.

Guest tint man 3

The problem with most tinters is they do not understand why Vkool works and how to work with it. Once you understand this, you can shrink it with some ease, but it is unlike any other film in the industry. Now, for you Huper fans, that is the bottom line of VK. So it does not include some of the tech. that makes the Vk so hard.

Get a adjustable heat/fan speed heat gun and leave the water off the film and you can shrink the film. But get ready to waste some money to learn. But you can watch the film and know when to stop.

There are so many layers of metal, they heat up so much faster than the poly in the film. This is the main problem.

Get a adjustable heat/fan speed heat gun and leave the water off the film and you can shrink the film. But get ready to waste some money to learn. But you can watch the film and know when to stop.

Sounds like your trying to explain dry shrinking. That is the way I shrink Solis and it still shrinks like no other film. It is not for the newbies.

Guest tint man 3

Solis and V-kool are the same film. but you cant put alot of heat to it because of the metal, havent tried wet dont know if it will work or not if someone has please tell me. might make things easier. :thumbdown

Archived