Help me please!!

Guest Polarized

Guest Malcolm E Boo
I can identify with your pain. It's a hard road to go down but it will pay off, fair play on getting a course, it's best way to start. On top of that you show initiative and drive, the only thing your doing wrong is running before walking.

You should have looked long n hard at what the course teaches you and chose not the cheapest but the best for you and closer to you.

I came on here asking for advice, but I had been previously tinting in days when dry shrinking wasn't around ect so I had lots to catch up on, my main problem was being self taught.

My advice to you is, don't get down, keep working on it. Contact some mates and ask if you can practice on their rides, if you do a good job you charge, if not you put it down to experience, unlike you my problems were Signums, beetles, and golf back glass. Thanx to the resources here I've learnt loads, and now after being mobile, I have my own premises and a shiny new website. Through all that, I still have bad days.

Keep practicing rather than going in with someone, unless like suggested before, you are helping each other out rather than working for someone.

If you need any advice pm me for my number!

Keep workin at it dude :)

What a nice bloke Cass is.

But watch out he is a trained killer :lol2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can identify with your pain. It's a hard road to go down but it will pay off, fair play on getting a course, it's best way to start. On top of that you show initiative and drive, the only thing your doing wrong is running before walking.

You should have looked long n hard at what the course teaches you and chose not the cheapest but the best for you and closer to you.

I came on here asking for advice, but I had been previously tinting in days when dry shrinking wasn't around ect so I had lots to catch up on, my main problem was being self taught.

My advice to you is, don't get down, keep working on it. Contact some mates and ask if you can practice on their rides, if you do a good job you charge, if not you put it down to experience, unlike you my problems were Signums, beetles, and golf back glass. Thanx to the resources here I've learnt loads, and now after being mobile, I have my own premises and a shiny new website. Through all that, I still have bad days.

Keep practicing rather than going in with someone, unless like suggested before, you are helping each other out rather than working for someone.

If you need any advice pm me for my number!

Keep workin at it dude :spit

What a nice bloke Cass is.

But watch out he is a trained killer :lol2

Ha ha lol nice one :)

Guest Polarized

Thanks for all the advice. Ive been practicing every chance i get and im getting better. Ive finally done my mates clio and it only has a couple of small creases in it so im getting there. Cass i cant PM yet but when i can i will. thanks again.

Guest matt5983

Your like me, i did a 3 day course and am still learning etc

One thing i have noticed is what film to use, i have tried the 3 main ones and have found one that works for me, so you might want to look in to that.

There some great people on here so make sure you listen to them, but like i said i have only done a handful of cars and im try different technics with the BG.

I actually find dry shrinking a hell of lot easier than wet, but from what ive heard its the other way round lol

The issues i suffer with is the BG and sometimes bubbles in the film that just seem not to go away, even after a couple of weeks, so im trying to figure that out.

Guest Polarized

Hi just thought i would do an up date for anyone that was wondering how the free seminar went.

It was just what i needed!!!!!! Alot more info on all the little problems i was having and alot of other techniques which make things alot easier, it was well worth the hours of driving.

Thanks for all your replys

been reading this and shaking my head all the time...great training course they got you on.....although i never learned anything other than franky style for rears and standard full peel for side glass.... i wish you all the best mate as it's hard... there has been some great advice just don't get down.....tinting is a high stress job as you can prep for 10-15 min then move in a wrong way and have to start all over.... this happens to the best of us.....i've just started using the ryk method for shrinking and think it's a cool new quick way to shrink...my question to you is this. what film are you using??? cheap thin stuff creases really easy and can be a pain.....food for thought

Hi just thought i would do an up date for anyone that was wondering how the free seminar went.

It was just what i needed!!!!!! Alot more info on all the little problems i was having and alot of other techniques which make things alot easier, it was well worth the hours of driving.

Thanks for all your replys

Guest Dan-autotintz

Alright mate, if your just starting out mobile isn't the best, but when I first started out, saloons still awkward I found to start with just getting a friend or a hand to help fitting them, alot easier with 4 hands den 2, or might be worth while if you can't get a hand try splitting the reverse roll, makes it easier doing a side a time mate

Archived