VicRoads/Tint and light meters and other states.

Wow is there a big clamp down now occurring all over this country with licensed roadworthy testers and window tinting applications?

If the front doors are not a net 35% VLT over factory original tinted glass which most cars have these days, then it's a removal.

No doubt all this has been bought about by cars being now imported with privacy glass to the rear creating a darkness mentality to the state authorities.

And made worse by film installers deliberately flauting the tint laws by "trying to colour match" the rears at the behest of the customer and their own stupid professional advice.

Canberra is a basket case with film, Sydney is happening and personally I can see Victoria is already going the same way.

RWC testers now have to buy light meters and use them instead of the age old "I think that looks OK glance."

I was told yesterday by a tinter mate that a car dealer is employing him to remove the fronts off every used car that has film on his lot.

I also believe that RWC testers could have their licences revoked should they pass illegal film and the fines are risky so they are running s..... scared and don't care if they knock back film as it is no skin off their nose.

Technically it means that there would be virtually not a car in Victoria or NSW tinted that complies at the moment.

Watch this space as tint is about to hit the fan big time for auto. :yawn

Devil

sigh!!! yep this is just crazy considering the different dye levels on different cars.... we are so screwed for tints in vic.... i service a nissan, mitsubishi and kia and bm/ vw dealer's all of these want colour match... i throw on some rn35 from jwf looks okay but with some of those cars it's still over.....can't win soon it will be like japan/florida......no fronts for us... sucky times ahead.

Wow is there a big clamp down now occurring all over this country with licensed roadworthy testers and window tinting applications?

If the front doors are not a net 35% VLT over factory original tinted glass which most cars have these days, then it's a removal.

No doubt all this has been bought about by cars being now imported with privacy glass to the rear creating a darkness mentality to the state authorities.

And made worse by film installers deliberately flauting the tint laws by "trying to colour match" the rears at the behest of the customer and their own stupid professional advice.

Canberra is a basket case with film, Sydney is happening and personally I can see Victoria is already going the same way.

RWC testers now have to buy light meters and use them instead of the age old "I think that looks OK glance."

I was told yesterday by a tinter mate that a car dealer is employing him to remove the fronts off every used car that has film on his lot.

I also believe that RWC testers could have their licences revoked should they pass illegal film and the fines are risky so they are running s..... scared and don't care if they knock back film as it is no skin off their nose.

Technically it means that there would be virtually not a car in Victoria or NSW tinted that complies at the moment.

Watch this space as tint is about to hit the fan big time for auto. :dunno

Devil

Hey Guys,

I believe Solar Gard has got a film for every application when allowing for the "green tinge" in the factory glass for you to then apply the correct film so not to bring it below the state legal 35% VLT.

Please feel free to contact me for advice on 0418 899 539 - Carlo...

Archived