Auto door windows when opening door

Have a Challenger coming up this week, never done one. Looks like cake, but how do you guys handle the doors that go down like a half inch when the door opens? Is there a way to trick the system into thinking the doors are shut so they stay up? And after the tint is on, is there a concern for peeling since the window will be moving against the rubber on the edge during the drying time? Thanks!

some vehicles just require you to flip the latch with a screw driver(just remember to pull the door handle before closing the door.) to or remove the screw from the pin switch. usually on frameless doors that roll down i heat up the edges before i let the window roll down just for extra precaution.

Just like the 350z. I took some clamps to the button where the door meets the car so the window stayed up. Did the car in the afternoon so i asked the custy if i could keep it all night to let dry then hit the edges with a heatgun the next day so when the window slidea up and down it won't peel. Havent had a problem with it

Just like the 350z. I took some clamps to the button where the door meets the car so the window stayed up. Did the car in the afternoon so i asked the custy if i could keep it all night to let dry then hit the edges with a heatgun the next day so when the window slidea up and down it won't peel. Havent had a problem with it

easier to just remove the screw from the switch. same with the g35, gtr, 370z.

Guest top notch auto works llc

we prefer to move the latch into the open position. just MAKE SURE to release it to normal open position before closing the door. even then, close gently to be sure. the last thing you want is a broken latch.

Archived