window cleaner

I imagine everyone hates cleanning windows. but before and after has to be done for a professional job. For years in prep i would use a chamois. lint free, very absorbant and can be rinsed out and reused. car comes in, squeegee windows and wipe the frames and perimeter of the BG to keep dirt from scratching the film. I use a smaller one to wrap my hard card for final squeegee and bumpin the BG.

About three months ago I came across a cloth called a KAYWOS cloth. spot free lint free and cleans streak free with only water. they are thinner then a chamois, so more preasure over a hard card. cleans streak free. no more glass cleaner when i am done. and still can be rinsed out and reused. Anyone else tried these? 3 months and i am happy wonderedd if anyone else uses them and how long they will actually last.

for wiping the door panel, top of glass and wrapping my hard card I used to use a chamois. wet picks up better then dry rags. natural ones tend to grab the film when new. used ones the detailers were ready to throw out worked better. vesco water sprite synthetic is good right out of the package. rinse and go. no washing machine or drying and no expensive towels. one chamois would last over a year. benefit to kaywos is on the outside it will wipe the windosw streak free, and being thinner, on your hardcard you get more presure. of course i have to wrap twice now to squeegee gots. little thin with one layer to get the water out of thick dots.

Archived