Acura TL Kits

Acura TL Kits

Dlouly47

Aug 25 2004, 09:48 AM

I would like to know if anyone can sell me a 2004 Acura TL Kit PPF -

I have never done this before - I have ordered the free video from X-pel. I have been reading and I am pretty sure I understand how to do it. Now I want to get my hands wet.

This will be on my own car I just bought.

dly@aligntech.com

sytran666

Aug 25 2004, 11:19 AM

why not order one directly from xpel?

Dlouly47

Aug 25 2004, 12:07 PM

I would but for my full kit it costs around 5XX.00

I heard only great things from X-pel customers.. I would really want one but its my first install. I dont want to eat that big of an experiment cost.

Speed

Aug 26 2004, 02:40 PM

I would really want one but its my first install. I dont want to eat that big of an experiment cost.

Well to be honest, the first car I did, my Honda S2000, was done 3 times before I got it right( well at least acceptable), and that was after training. I don't even want to get into how much time, effort and money that entailed. If there had been a professional installer within 500 miles, I'd still be fixing copy machines.

I have done several new TL's and they are not an easy car to install the film on, so I understand your concern. Also understand this forum has seen several consumers posing as potential installers looking for a deal on product, so that may be why you don't see anyone quoting you a price here.

If you just want your car protected, I suggest you find a professional installer to do the work. The time and frustration spent doing it yourself could be better channelled elsewhere. If your a hands on kind of guy and just want to do it yourself, good for you, most folks would rather not deal with the hassle.

Dlouly47

Aug 26 2004, 02:46 PM

Thanks for the response atleast Speed.

I am NOT an Installer of any sort. Yes I am a Consumer. However I am not one that wants to get good deals just to get the good deal. I really want to learn how to do PPF as well as Tint. I am a hands on kind of guy so I will see how much that plays into part with my outcome. I honestly dont know how it will come out but atleast I can experience atleast how much work it takes.

I am the kind of guy that likes to do things for myself and not pay unless I know for a fact I CAN NOT DO IT.

So I was able to get a email from a very nice person - I wont mention who it is for whatever reason. If that person wants to be known to be the kind person that helped me then fine.

I just want to learn.

By the way I am not doing to front bumper. I heard that is HARD. I am just doing the Hood and fender and Mirrors to start.

Wish me luck.

schmo

Aug 26 2004, 03:03 PM

Hey there, As many people have said on here, maybe you should invest in a training course, and use your car as the test vehicle. I'm pretty sure befreinding an installer and talking with him he would be able to work something out if nothing just to help you as to make sure you dont lose your investment in the kits. Make a few friendly phone calls and see what you come up with. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I have a couple of Acura dealers, the TL kit is easy if you take your time. I have done many of them. A kind word and setting up an appointment would proably be the best thing.

Dlouly47

Aug 26 2004, 03:32 PM

You know what.. I would love to get some training however I am not too sure were to go. I know x-pel has training in TX. I am in San Jose, CA

Not too sure if any of you guys know where to go around here. I work Full time for Invisalign (clear braces) company and my time is limited to only weekends.

Speed

Aug 26 2004, 03:40 PM

I have an installer in San Jose listed on my website. He's a good guy and I'm sure he would be of help to you.

Dlouly47

Aug 26 2004, 03:49 PM

Thanks Speed. I went to your site. I wonder if he will train me. How do I ask someone that doesnt know me and I dont know them.

I think I will attempt the 1st install solo. Then when I know I cant handle it I will give Mariano a call.

There are no training centers around here ? Is there a certificate of some sorts you get to show you have proper training?

Thanks again for your help and advice. I know I am in a installers/dealers forum and you guys are helping me out - the ones that responded. I am greatful.

David

schmo

Aug 26 2004, 04:03 PM

Star shield has a training ctr in Ca as well. they advertise on here. check them out as well. If you call Speed's guy and he is available on the wknd. Offer of dinner, some beers and some cash may work wonders. even if its just in a supervisory position beer.gif

I am Zorro duel2.gif defender of the people! brought cervesa!

T.C.

Aug 27 2004, 10:20 AM

Dlouly47 give us a call and I'll see what we can do for you or what we can recommend since, you don't list your location..

Dlouly47

Aug 27 2004, 11:18 AM

Hi

TC

I am in san Jose, CA -

Who should I speak to? This is my First ppf install ever... For my own vehicle but I want to learn.

Thanks for all your help!

Dlouly47

Aug 28 2004, 06:25 PM

Can anyone that has done the TL Hood give me some pointers on how to attack this portion ? Do you start at the top center and tack it there then proceed to the top sides Or is it attack the bottom center then the bottom side corners as that is where it seems it needs to be stretched over the corners . The hood is not flat completely. It has a down slope from center to the sides.

Any help would once again be appreciated.

Dlouly47

T.C.

Aug 28 2004, 09:49 PM

dlouly47 ask for paul.... the phone # is on our website..... the U.S. office....

Click here to view the article

Archived