2005 Ford Mustang

2005 Ford Mustang

Q: Dealer asked me Thursday about kits for the 2005 Ford 300 and the all new 05 Mustang .....

Other than cutting my own pieces to fit, does anybody know if or when some of the kit manufacturers will have these available.... These do not look like hard installs other than the Stang has a pretty severe turn down lip on the fornt.

A: I couldn't resist taking the time to learn today on the 05 Mustang ..... I was doing it for a demo to the dealership.

I had a kit in my truck, and I also had some raw material on a roll .... I decided that the hood and looked simple enough (it was) even though the fender area with the cut out lights was tricky. So I guess you would say I did a custom install on the hood and fenders - which was all I was doing for the demo.

The dealer loved it and decided I need to be paid for the demo ... they will try to start retailing the PPF for me now.

A: I tried out the yellow turbo on the last install. It was great for the flat surfaces but I still like my homemade foamy for compound curves and recesses. Gets the film right in there. Did the entire front bumper on a 81 C10 including the number plate recess

A: The bumper was off already so I covered it on my work table. I use Venture with a foam Squeegee I make myself which deforms to get into the grooves and pockets. Great white north sent me a yellow turbo and that is great for the flat areas. The bumper took over 2 hours because I am still relatively new at this and I would rather take my time and get it right the first time than st*ff it up. My speed is getting better the more I work with the film. The C10 belongs to my brother in law so there was no rush. That means I was also charging family rates, not much money and a labor of love!

BTW, the visit to the Porsche distributor was a success as well. They used to have a guy but he went into finance for them. They weren't looking for someone but when I showed up they were happy to take me on as they were already sold on the product. One of the discussions we had was about patterns for the 997. The release is coming up and they were worried about the press cars....... publicity for me as well?

Click here to view the article

Archived