2004 Acura TL

2004 Acura TL

04acura-tl.jpg

By: Litespeeds

Oct 9 2003, 12:27 AM

Just tinted the brand new 2004 Acura TL. It looks very sporty. Reminds me of a TSX on steroids. The rear window is easier than the previous models but the quarter glass on the rear door is similar to the new Honda Accord where you can not get the tint all the way to the edges because the rubber is very tight. Might need TTS to figure this one out and give us some pointers. I have some pictures but will upload them later.

Not sure what to tell ya Litespeeds. I have tinted 4 or 5 of those this summer and didn't have any problems. I don't take those (or any) quarters out of the back doors. I always use an angled hard card to try and break the rubber loose from the glass before I tint them if it's real tight.

How could you have tinted 4 or 5 of them this summer when the Acura dealership just got them in less than a week ago. This is the BRAND NEW MODEL for 2004. Totally different look. Just don't have time to post the pictures. Will do so this evening.

Woops my mistake I was just thinkin the new ones ('03). Don't mind me.

How do you remove the third brake lite?

it snaps off with four clips ..straight down..didn't break.

I've tinted 3 of these to date, the quarter windows are a little tricky but the film slides right in if you use your thumb to lift the rubber towards you & lots of soap.

Its not to hard to take out the windows on the new TL, only 4 screws holding door panel on and then a little screw at top of door and 2 bolts that hold the track. I will take them out first, tint them, let them dry while i do the back window, then install them and finish the doors. Works well and dont take very long at all.

Did one today and it was a piece of cake. The side windows have lots of room around the seals. The quarters at first looked like the accord but the film slid in very easily. I wish most cars were like this one.

You better felt those 04 TL gaskits. If you dont it will scratch. PPF on the bumper is a main in the *, imho

The bad thing about trying to felt the rubber gasket is the dual wiper design. I tried to install some felt and it didn't stick too well. Just might have to tell our customer's that there is a possiblity that the film will get scratched if they rolled their windows up and down too much.

Just did my own 2004 TL. I put self-adhesive felt/moleskin 1/2" strips on the lower wiper only all four doors. The door panels come off rather easily with four screws and the usual pin-clips (8). The wipers need to be cleaned with alcohol as they sometimes have silicone or some slippery stuff on them. Then, the felt is pressed on firmly and gets a chance to set up. I did the felts several days before the tint because it was my car but can't do that on a job. I then checked the felt and it was sticking well.

I just put a thin strip on both wipers. Works fine.

Were do you get the self adhesive 1/2" moleskin/felt from? The Tint Factory does not know about it, and has to re-do my 04 TL, but I want the flet on it first, as I'm sure it will just re-scratch. Do you know were I can buy enough to do my 4 windows with? Thanks in advance.

CR Laurence

I have ordered it, it only costs $16.95 for a 100 ft roll. Wish i'd known about this before getting it tinted.

Just be careful replacing the panels on this car. The screw with the rubber cushion around it. needs to be put back in with a screw driver not a screw gun. If you use a screw gun and tighten it to much. It will brake the plastic that it screws into, and you wont be able to remove the screw next time.

You can also get moleskin that is produced JUST for auto tint. Much better than cr Laurence generic moleskin. automoleskin.com and go to the dealer section. It's a little more money but it never comes off in the heat.

C.R.Laurence is a [generic] product? What have I been buying all these years. This company has been a staple in the glass trades for years. I need to get out more often. I will sample this new stuff.

Click here to view the article

Archived