2006 Acura TL

2006 Acura TL

06acura-tl.jpg

Dec 22 2005, 06:56 AM

I just recently bought a 2006 Acura TL and was looking for a shop in the Chicago area that has tinted this vehicle and knows about the issue of the window wipers scrathing the film. Also is it possible to fully tint the rear quarter windows? I have seen some vehicles were there is an obvious strip around the gasket that is visible.

I'm in Florida, so I can't help ya there, and I've tinted a bunch of the new Ac's with the hard rubber strips,....I haven't had a problem (yet), I'm starting to wonder if it's the scrath coating on some films...........just a thought.............and yes the rear quarters can be tinted all the way past the rubber, but they're a pain to get clean....so good luck.

http://www.tintdude.com/Illinois.html and on of these guys will get it dont for ya as for the quarter window..they can be removed and tinted all the way with no gaps and no creases or krinkles..but some ppl just done like to take the time to take them out and get the job done right

Removed??!! You can tint that all the way to edge without taking the window out, cleanly....It is a little tricky, though, and if you've got the time (or the balls) to take the window out it sure would make it easier.

well that answers one question everone's been wondering about looks like TG's got balls now as far as you guys that have tinted one whats the deal on that window wiper scratching the film? is there one on the inside let me know, that would be a great TOTW if true thanks

I have done plenty of these. They just need to be felted, and there will be no problem. There is no "wiper" just the typical honda/Accura plastic seal.

Bingo, the plastic gaskets are what he's talkin about. yep...they'll scratch the tint, but eventually they'll scratch the glass too. nice job Acura.

Click here to view the article

Archived