2003 Ford F350 Extra Cab

2003 Ford F350 Extra Cab

bandit

Had to tint front windows as agreed and when customer showed up he wanted a viser,when I looked there were dot met all over the front top with ford in dot met in middle.looked at him and said you want me to climb on a ladder and cut a viser then sand the dot met so the viser will stick and all this for 95 dollars just for the viser.Son of a biscut eater said yes and he's bringing back tommorrow for this,anybody done one yet

magictinter

whoa, you better be smiling at the top of that ladder. i only get 55.00 to do two drs and visor on those. not to bad from what i can remember. if it has a factory visore already in it, you dont need to sand the dots, just through it in there. you wont be able to see it if it turns white because it will be hid by the factory visor.

bandit

I figured when I said 95.00 he would say dont worry about it then,butttt no such luck!

Sprinter

I get about 85.00 and that is being way to nice!

tintsem

Those are pretty easy, I do about 3 of those trucks a week. I have never sanded one. Whats the ladder for? You cant stand on the tires? The F-350's are a big thing here right now, if you don't have one you have to leave town.

shop

speaking of two front doors, is anyone else get sick and tired of people coming in saying "i just want the front two done, the rest is already tinted"? if i hear this one more time i'm gonna SCREAM!!!!

magictinter

i know what you saying , it gets on my nerves too. after they say that, i wait till they pull up at my shop and say, lets take a look at your vehicle, i just cannot believe that the rest is already tinted. then when i see it i act all shocked and say, well boy they are tinted aint they.

shop

i know what you're saying. i try not to be a smart ass, but it always comes out that way. it just pisses me off when a $195 job pulls in and i only get $55 out of it. not one person ever believes me that it's not tinted and doesn't keep it cooler, ect., ect. hell, i've only been tinting 18 years, what the hell do i know.

magictinter

yeah shop, but if your like me, i get so damn tired of trying to explain to customers that the tint on there is for privacy only and offers no protection, that i now say, yeah just pull it on in here and ill tint what the other guy forgot to do.

on bad days, i've told a couple of customers "kinda wasting your money, huh? but i'll take it"

they look at me like i'm stupid.

magictinter

oh yeah man, the the look on there faces is priceless

shop

oh i know!!! i said that to one guy, and after i got through he had the nads to say something about me ripping him off. i said, "no, ford ripped you off charging you $375 to darken the back glasses of your explorer", i doubt i'll ever see him again.

Custom Effects

Remember: TWO FRONT WINDOWS= BEER DRINKIN MONEY FOR THE NIGHT

magictinter

if i drank 40.00 dollars worht of beere dude. i wouldnt be able to wrok for a week.

Sprinter

I here you all, but down here if it does'nt have limo on it it aint tinted and even then they think you did'nt put the true limo on there cuz they can see through the back to the front. looking twords the sun.

explain it to them this way that whats on there is just like there sun glasses and it truely doesn't block out the heat.

Mdog

after you cut that visor, save the clear liner so you dont ever have to get back up on another f250/350 again, saves time and sanity, and as for sanding the dots, funk that....i just stick it on and move on.

Click here to view the article

Archived