'78 Corvette

'78 Corvette

Mr paladin

I have one of these to tint tommorow as anyone ever one pieced one of these?if so any pointers?thanks MR. 8) P

GusTheTinter

I've never had to do one yet (had to strip one though), but as I hear, ya better be good on your back

oldtinter

Not too bad, till you try and clean the window and actually put the tint on it. A definite back/neck breaker.

Mdog

i wet ahrank one back in 96, that was the last one i did :lol6 it is VERY hard to get into the back of that car with a large piece of tint. i have a pinched nerve in my back to prove it.

Braud Spectrum

Oh Lord. No hatch. And that dry rotted sandy stuff will be there from the old plastic side trim. Makes a huge mess. I do not envy you either getting that big piece in there without making a mess of it. :sad I will pray for you tonight Mr paladin.

tintpioneer

you cannot get paid enough money to do this car,,,the rear is going to be surrounded by dry rottred plastic that will get under every edge,,,good luck,,,,best bet is to just say no

oldtinter

Bingo

tintslut

Hmmmm,, If it has a removable top, take it off. Fold down front seats flat.

If it has a defroster, 3 piece it and dont look back. This Glass will go in one piece, but, you will end up fightin the film if its metallized. Best bet,

dry shrink it using a dyed film, Like AT-CH or Charcool.

Take an air hose and blow out the inside edges of the glass. Test fit

the film on the inside before pulling the liner. You dont need to be trimming tint inside while flat on your back.

Braud Spectrum

One more thing! I remember that those without a hatch had storage cubby holes in the floor (or deck) of that rear with hooks to open them I probably still have scars from those on my back. Lay something down back there thick so those don't getcha.

Click here to view the article

Archived