10 Minute Wax Job

10 Minute Wax Job

bandit

I finally started putting wax and paint sealants on with a air operated orbital palm sander with a 5 inch backing plate and sheepskin bonnett,and the results are so great Im tongue tied.Of coarse you need a air compressor that can keep the cfm's up to run one.Actually only takes 5 minutes to put on or take off just the time you have to wait if the product has a dwell time in between

I use a Dynabrade and it even came with a velcro adapter with a similar brush like a scum buster to scrubb carpets

ZGone

Using a orbital polisher will be fast but I would never use a lambs wool pad unless you really want to cut the surface to remove swirls or scratches. Wool pads are primarly used for surface leveling to remove oxidation and swirls. If you just want to apply a glase or polish/sealant then use a foam pad of which there are varing grades from mild to no cut.

Cheers

bandit

There is absolutelyy no way a air powered palm orbiter with lambs wool will do anything to a surface unless a compound is used and then with the motion of the orbiter you will not level anything but make a mess.Put sandpaper and you will!You must remember you cant remove a scratch with a orbital period just cover it up

Basic Detailing 101,besides ever see a bodyshop with anything orbital besides the palm sanders for sanding

All equipment is rotory.

also the lambswool is a bonnet not a pad

bandit

here is a pneunatic orbital sander for putting your favorite polish ,wax, or sealant

better put a picture

TB, Can you guide me to the air sander you use. I use a PC DA now and would be interested in giving the air tools a try.

bandit

Search the webb for Dynabrade or Souix palm sanders,these are very expensive for you to buy just for waxing ,check out the link The Tint Shop put on the thread that Squeege started about waxing his truck.Nice piece for 219.00,the ones I use are close to 350.00 a piece

bandit

Its the thread about edges

FMS01

Thanks TB! I will also look into testing out some wet sanding tech before I add it to my list of services. Always wanted to give it a try so of to the junk yard for a trunk lid. You did agreat job with the Wet Sanding Pics by the way.

Click here to view the article

Archived