Easy Cars?? $$$

Are you high? How can you do one without pulling the rear deck out, and the earliest didn't have seats that fold down. Tinting it is easy but pulling that crap apart is a pain...not to mention the fabric on the sail panels and headliner always come loose when water hits them.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you high? How can you do one without pulling the rear deck out, and the earliest didn't have seats that fold down. Tinting it is easy but pulling that crap apart is a pain...not to mention the fabric on the sail panels and headliner always come loose when water hits them.

lmao... :lol6

Guest fogged306

lol, not anymore...

I read a thread where someone mentioned you can push the corners of the deck down before I did the car and I tried it and it worked pretty well. I just had to frankie instead of rr to get the tint slid down along the deck.

lol, not anymore...

I read a thread where someone mentioned you can push the corners of the deck down before I did the car and I tried it and it worked pretty well. I just had to frankie instead of rr to get the tint slid down along the deck.

You are braver than I am. I'd be pissed trying to do it that way just to have to remove the film bc of carpet fibers in the film.

Guest fogged306

I do the somewhat controversial method of searing down the carpet with my heatgun on back decks. I've seen a lot of threads on here where people don't seem to fond of it, but I always use the heatgun on low and keep it far enough away that it only melts down the fuzzies that are sticking up. Haven't had an issue with contamination yet doing it this way and haven't done any damage to the decks yet either, granted I've probably only done 40-50 bg's so far.. I'm also still learning the in's and out's of back windows so if I waste a piece trying something new, I'm not too worried about it at this point. But of all the car's I've tinted so far, I felt this was within the top 5 easiest I've done... Maybe I've been getting sh***y cars so far? :lol

Archived