Back Window Rippled And Some Things Popping Up

Hello,

I do not post up to often but latley I have been having some weird things happen. Now I will say that my shop is here in Chicago so the temps have been 30's lately. I will give you a step by step how I do the back window so I can see if im doing something wrong.

1) Pull vehicle inside and let sit for about 45 min to a hour to let glass warm up

2) Clean outside back window and lather with bar of soap

3) Once the soap has dryed I put the tint on and shrink

4) Cut out window and prep inside of the glass with scotch non scratch green pad

5) Since we typically tint 3+ cars a day I usually go and prep another one to let the film relax and see if anything pops up, Some times run the heat gun over some LITTLE spots on the edge to make sure I have no fingers.

6) Install film using my blue max first on everything I can reach,Bulldozer or slim foot for the bottom. White hard card in paper towels and push out all the remaining water.

Sometimes I use a heat gun to get a finger to lay down but thats about it.

So now here is my question, Recently I have noticed when I back the car out that the back window is very distortetd or even looks like there is ripples everywhere. Now this seems to clear up after a day or two but I do not like it. Has anyone else ever noticed this?

I have tried letting the window set up a little bit and then hitting it again real hard with a hard card (Wrapped in paper towels) again and it seems to make it a little better but still not perfect.

Sometimes I have had the customer come back (Days or even weeks) and there are a couple of little spots that popped up on the defrost line so I pull it in and fix it. When I fix that I notice that there is no more distorted look in the back window.

I have changed up my mix so I even use a little Ultrabond to help the rear window have more bite but still no luck.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share everything. Also I use Johnson Marathon film.

Thanks

Doug

Maybe it has been there the whole time and I never noticed it in the summer for some dumb reason.

this.

No matter how much you strong arm the film, you will always have some residual moisture left behind. That is what you are seeing. I remember the first time I noticed this phenomenon.....I panicked. Don't worry...it will dry.

Archived