Alcohol Solution - PPF

Less than window tint squeegee pressure. You might want to use lighter pressure, but overlap 1/2 each time to get more fluid out in total.

also keep the squeegee moving. your going to want to take smooth passes with the squeegee, I spray it down with a soapy water to keep it smooth when I squeegee everything out

Ok.

And the little marks that remain when you remove the film to take out a little dirt, how to fix?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

55 gallon drum? Wow, where do you even buy something like that? And it would take a LONG time to go through.

I was thinking the same thing. If I'm not mistaking in our state you would have to have a permit for that. It would be nice though. No more buying out wall greens of alky and baby shampoo and getting that look from the worker. It's the same one I get when I ask for a bag of 1 cc needles.

Guest Invisibra.net

I used a 55 gallon drum of alcohol back when I lived in Florida, mixing floor cleaning chemicals for a company. Also nearly pure 55 gallon drum of ammonia, & other base chemicals. Had to abandon the lab when mixing the ammonia till it mixed in all the way. Make your eyes bleed almost, lol.

I buy at wallymart and sammyclub for the alcohol 70%. Seemed cheapest there when I compared.

I like to use 50/50 as much as possible, but most films you have to spray, squeegee, and done. If you are not quick, you will burn adhesive.

Other than Avery. It loved 50/50 mixes (Out of a 70% alcohol bottle.. I think 50/50 from a 90% alcohol would be too much.)

The new adhesive on the Xpel I tried yesterday seemed to be pretty darn tolerant of the 50/50 mix also.

I used a 55 gallon drum of alcohol back when I lived in Florida, mixing floor cleaning chemicals for a company. Also nearly pure 55 gallon drum of ammonia, & other base chemicals. Had to abandon the lab when mixing the ammonia till it mixed in all the way. Make your eyes bleed almost, lol.

I buy at wallymart and sammyclub for the alcohol 70%. Seemed cheapest there when I compared.

I like to use 50/50 as much as possible, but most films you have to spray, squeegee, and done. If you are not quick, you will burn adhesive.

Other than Avery. It loved 50/50 mixes (Out of a 70% alcohol bottle.. I think 50/50 from a 90% alcohol would be too much.)

The new adhesive on the Xpel I tried yesterday seemed to be pretty darn tolerant of the 50/50 mix also.

what did you think about the new adhesive?

Archived