Alcohol Solution - PPF

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike's suggestions for the XPEL film is correct.

I'd contact Durashield directly to see what they recommend, but as a general guideline, start with a low amount of alcohol (1 part alcohol to 9 parts water) and see how it works. You can always add a little more if you are not getting the results you want. If you have too "hot" of an alcohol solution, the adhesive (on any brand of film) can actually become less tacky and even take on a milky appearance. The point at which brands reach this point is different due to differences in adhesive composition.

xpel uses 4oz of 70% and 28oz of water. not sure about durashield. ive used 1/3-1/2 alcohol to water with venturshield but start with less.

Not sure about Durashield either as its not a popular film. I would experiment around with it and see what works for you.

Mike's suggestions for the XPEL film is correct.

I'd contact Durashield directly to see what they recommend, but as a general guideline, start with a low amount of alcohol (1 part alcohol to 9 parts water) and see how it works. You can always add a little more if you are not getting the results you want. If you have too "hot" of an alcohol solution, the adhesive (on any brand of film) can actually become less tacky and even take on a milky appearance. The point at which brands reach this point is different due to differences in adhesive composition.

Thanks guys for the help.

I´ll follow all the advice of you.

I'll start at the lowest concentration of alcohol until I find the ideal concentration.

I was using a high concentration. Was appearing squeege marks, I think it is.

Another question is, how much pressure over the squeege I have to put to drain the water? It is the same as installing window film?

Thanks

Guest Invisibra.net

Less than window tint squeegee pressure. You might want to use lighter pressure, but overlap 1/2 each time to get more fluid out in total.

Archived