Interesting article on PermaPlate

Many folks had asked questions about this product. Here is an interesting article.

Warranty Repair - Car Purchases & Repairs - Consumer Issues ...

1 day ago ... I originally submitted a claim with PermaPlate to fix my drivers side leather seat which had cracked in June,2011.They claimed that they didn't have my warranty ...

boards.answers.findlaw.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg...

I wouldn't exactly call that an article.

I originally submitted a claim with PermaPlate to fix my drivers side leather seat which had cracked in June,2011.They claimed that they didn't have my warranty on file and couldn't get it from the dealer because they don't keep any records over 2yrs. I emailed them my copy and they came and performed the work. The seat is still in need of repair. It can not be fixed by patching it up. It needs to be replaced.Once again PermaPlate sent me an email saying that they couldn't find a copy of my warranty.I told them I emailed it to them in order to get the initial work performed and they needed to find it.They obviously had it at that point or they never would've come#Now they want me to sign a release within 30 days relieving them of any responsibility or obligation for the remainder of my contract which ends in June,2013 and they will send me a check for $164. They claim to have verified with the dealer that I'm only entitled to $299 in repairs.

How can the dealer verify that I'm only entitled to $299 in repairs? I filed a claim with the BBB of Utah and Permaplate had written in and initialed the $299 amount. The BBB agent said this was acceptable. Really? Now Permaplate is offering me a check for $299 to end the agreement.Why is it ok for them to throw this arbitrary number out there and it's ok? My contract clearly does not state a dollar amount.

I'm not the brightest crayon in the box but this doesn't feel right. What are my options? How do I get them to fix my car seat?

Thank you!

More like one side of a complaint issue. I bet the real story is a bit different.

I agree. However, I am not in favor of this insurance products. BUT, should someone decide to get one, this article is worth understanding and doing further due diligence. :drool

I did some work for them and wasnt paid for nearly three months. The company is not a good company to do business with from my experience. They are also coming in and trying to undercut individual companies by offering services to dealerships at VERY low rates... while paying their installers practically nothing. This kind of information needs to be psoted out there so dealerships and consumers KNOW what type of comapany they are doing business with. From my experience I can easily see this consumer's story being accurate.

Archived