Purple tint

So the other day I had a R&R on some old tint. I have yellow sleeves that hold paperwork. I laid it on the back glass and boom it looked charcoal again. So the sun removes the yellow dye and leaves the other pigments. Try it out sometime it was interesting to see for my own eyes.

Yes, the yellow dye fades out leaving the blue and red to form purple. Today's color stable films use a much more stable yellow dye.

Dyes and pigments are two distinctly different coloring systems; dyes fade, while pigments are not known to fade for extremely long periods of time in comparison. This is why some polyester makers moved to produce pigmented polyester (some wrongly refer to is as extruded because all polyester is extruded); however, pigmented-poly has poor surface adhesion properties compared with deep dyed polyester so you may find higher incidents of delamination or HC separation among these films..

he's made it none in the past and I agree , a very knowledgeable member of our industry ...

Mr Howard also impresses me with his sharings on some things that factories don't elaborate indepth. Smartie is fun, he is not only a guru, he is open-minded and does not simply brush differing opinions aside, including mine. hahaha.

fatcat is very contended to be his No.1 fan! Hahaha

a former member VClimber left this world? I am sorry to hear about that. Sometimes death is a relief, sorry for being morbid, just late night thoughts. He will be comforted to know the he is remembered by you guys.

Ok, maybe TD can setup a honourable memberlist, a tribute to the greatest men and women who were here. Just a suggestion, can consider adding this section when you have the time.

Would you know my name

If I saw you in heaven?

Would you feel the same

If I saw you in heaven?

If I own a factory, I would hire smartie!

Too kind, sir, I am but a high schooler among Bachelors, Doctorates and PHD's as colleagues.

If I own a factory, I would hire smartie!

you do know who his employer is don't you ?

Everytime it becomes public information on this board it seems to lead to my departure by my own or other people's doings so I remain anonymous to those who don't know or remember. I have had people throw me under the bus through emails or phone calls to my superiors. Fortunately I have simply kept to posting on my own personal time and equipment so as not to create anything other than personal participation.

I dont believe nobody tried to headhunt him since he starts contributing here. He is an asset to his company. My most respected forumer.

So many talents here.

Yes they have but I am under contract presently and would be unable to work in the same capacity elsewhare for a period of 2 years. This is another motivator to anonymity and only personal participation. Plus I am way to close to Social Security age to phuck up.

you would have loved Vclimber ...

God have mercy on his soul , RIP brother ....

I miss him a lot ....

As do I; he subliminally and openly at times reminded me how unknowledgeable someone like me really is. Again, a high schooler among college degrees. :thumb

Archived