BLACK OUT FILM

frank, what is the size of the individual glass pane? Is the skylight glass tempered?

Firstly, it is not easy to procure black-out tint for external application. Secondly, our friends here are right about the absorption risk although Quality Tempered Glass can withstand slightly higher temperature like our windshield.

If you really have to do that, I suggest vinyl (eg. reflective) which are designed for external use to block out the light totally if the individual glass pane is small.

Guys I finally was able to get a better look at all the glass. The skylight glass does not seem to be double pane glass, but film must be installed on the outside, it is the only way to get to it at the moment. Time is of essence here as I must have this done by friday night. It is a bit difficult for me to have noticed if all the glass are double pane on the side of the buidling as they had frost film already installed on it. I will give you guys a few dimensions so you can see what I am dealing with.

1-window = 14'-2" x 58"

30-windows = 9' x 23"

4-windows = 9'-4" x 58"

there are so many more but as you can these are the largest ones

Thanks again for all your help

hanita silver matte is still a 20% vlt film. I still say either a really thick exterior vynil is gonna be your best bet. And I honestly feel that the layer of blackout then a layer of vynil will give you the results you are after. Just need to warn the custy that it will most likely last 8 to 10years possibly longer if you seal the edges.

Archived