USCutter - Buy at your own risk!

Guest galantz28x

Guest galantz28x

Buyer beware. This company is an F rating with the Better Business Bureau for a reason! They do not honor warranties on their cutters. Bought a ZenCut green plotter that was leaving horrible pinch roller marks in the film that did not go away once the film was applied. They then told me to use only the outside pinch rollers only, which ended up causing the film to bind up EVERY time. Then they told me to modify the springs of the pinch rollers. But apparently none of this falls under a "Warranty issue". So now I am stuck with this 4 month old plotter, 8 more months of TinTek software that I can no longer use, 5 roland blades, and about 10 50'x40" rolls of SunTek film. I am simply writing this in hopes that I can save others from making the same mistake that I did. This company gets horrible reviews online, but unfortunately I did not research enough. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!

Buyer beware. This company is an F rating with the Better Business Bureau for a reason! They do not honor warranties on their cutters. Bought a ZenCut green plotter that was leaving horrible pinch roller marks in the film that did not go away once the film was applied. They then told me to use only the outside pinch rollers only, which ended up causing the film to bind up EVERY time. Then they told me to modify the springs of the pinch rollers. But apparently none of this falls under a "Warranty issue". So now I am stuck with this 4 month old plotter, 8 more months of TinTek software that I can no longer use, 5 roland blades, and about 10 50'x40" rolls of SunTek film. I am simply writing this in hopes that I can save others from making the same mistake that I did. This company gets horrible reviews online, but unfortunately I did not research enough. PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!

The center roller should NEVER be used when cutting tint. Use the outside rollers and be sure you line the film up evenly. Using the advance button advance the film the amount needed for all the patterns to be cut making sure the rollers stay on the edge of the film or the film will wrinkle up.

They may be an F rating with the BBB just because they don't subscribe to the witch hunt ethics of BBB...

Sounds like you need to learn to use the plotter in relation to cutting tint film as well. Tint film does not cut like vinyl. I have found almost every film is going to have vastly different settings to cut including pressure & offset of the blade. The type of blade you use makes a big difference as well.

If USCutter is wrong on anything here it is the fact they don't really train all the fish they sell their products to. From what you have mentioned I don't see why any of your issues should be the fault of USCutter. I would not consider any of your problems to be warranty either.

leaving horrible pinch roller marks in the film that did not go away once the film was applied

Ummm , that's every plotter. That is why you use the outside rollers only. And that is why you adjust the spring tension if nessesary.

Unless I'm reading this completely wrong

I agree. Here's a detailed review of their problems with performance: http://uscutterreview.wordpress.com/

Doesn't track, doesn't finish cuts, the generic Roland driver can only do so much.

In my experience it is not the plotters but the one plotting...

Yes the USCutter plotters are cheap and you do get what you pay for but dialed in and used properly they work fine. Would I use them for tint films? No because they do not have the settings I feel I need for proper cuts on such a finicky material.