NEED REPAIR HELP!!!!!! Graphtec FC5100-75

tint_detective

My plotter is inop and I really need to find someone that Knows how to repair Graphtec cutting plotters.

I had someone attempt a board level repair, with no luck. (Not sure what they actually did?) Long Story......

Here's the Short Story:

I was drawing some patterns with the pen in the carrier as I have done a hundred times before.

The pinch rollers began to "eat'' the paper media.

I immediately raised the rollers and had to push the carrier to the left to clear the obstruction.

When I did, it gave an error alarm, I then turned off power switch.

I unplugged it for over 24hrs and tried to reset (and had the board repair) but still does the following.

When you flip the power switch, you can hear a fan start, the cutter head moves a qtr inch(ish) to left and the machine shuts off.

The menu screen doesn't evn have time to flicker, before it shuts off.

Does anyone have a lead to get me in touch with a Competent Repair Tech.????

HELP!!!!

MANY PLEASES!!!! :blind:notwrthy

I replaced my X motor about 6 months ago and my Y motor today. The X motor was under $400 but it may be more now because they charged me $550 for the Y. They are fairly easy to change. That being said, that may not be your problem. My X position alarm used to go off (usually on a Saturday) and it sometimes took hours of fiddling with it before it would go back to normal. When you load the material and bring the arm into the locked position, there is a sensor that tells the plotter the arm is in position. On our plotter the arm was hitting this sensor and knocking it out of whack. This might explain why it won't boot up. If you get into it and have questions let me know. I am not an expert, but I may be able to help.

I replaced my X motor about 6 months ago and my Y motor today. The X motor was under $400 but it may be more now because they charged me $550 for the Y. They are fairly easy to change. That being said, that may not be your problem. My X position alarm used to go off (usually on a Saturday) and it sometimes took hours of fiddling with it before it would go back to normal. When you load the material and bring the arm into the locked position, there is a sensor that tells the plotter the arm is in position. On our plotter the arm was hitting this sensor and knocking it out of whack. This might explain why it won't boot up. If you get into it and have questions let me know. I am not an expert, but I may be able to help.

Thanks Dude.. You may be hearing from me... :cool

Archived