09 BMW328i 2 door rear deck removal

dbdreams

I have an 09 BMW 328i in today that has had tint on it previously. The customer took it to the dealer to get the tint removed but they left som at the very bottom & I need to get the rear deck out to have enough room to clean it out on the bottom. I has to be completly clean because I have to put tint back on it. Any suggestions or help will be appreciated. Thanks

man that really sucks. You will have to pull the back side and side panels to remove the rear deck. Also be very careful if it has the rear shade in the rear deck. I would try like hell to clean the glass without remove the back deck if at all possible. Then slap the :asshat that didn't properly strip that back glass.

Yeah it wasn't that bad, after I got in there and studied it I realized the rear seats fold down, from that point I realized it was pretty easy really. Thanks for the info. The tint that was left on there wasn't purple but it acted the same way the purple tint does. I fought it and conquered it. Job done.

I did an 07 335i coupe the other day and it must have been the tightest of every Beem I've ever done at the bottom of the back glass. My bulldozer would get to the top of the dots when it would hit the plastic grille looking thing but without getting all the way down, of course fingers kept popping up. I was able to barely squeeze a conquerer in but it was very uncomfortable and I had 2 trouble spots that took a good 30-45 minutes to get worked out. I could have pulled the deck in that amout of time. And of course it had the matrix at the top too, so it was a pain of a back glass.

Would the Titan have saved the day (at the bottom) if I had one? Or possibly cutting at the top of the dots on dark interiors is an option?

Archived