BMW M3 Converetible 2005 Glass Problem

Guest visionwindowfilms

Guest visionwindowfilms

Has anyone had any issues with an 05 M3 Soft Top. The glass seems to have a special coating on which makes the film stick to quick even if we add a lot more soap. Has anyone come across this and what did they do to overcome it?

Sounds like they used a sort of silicone based cleaner/rainx or anti-fog on it. I get this all the time with our dealer cars and it can be a pita to clean. Just be SURE it's clean and scrubbed or the glue will never adhere 100%. Agreed on wurth it works very well. We use it as well as their brake cleaner...not on the glass lol.

Guest Malcolm E Boo

Sounds like they used a sort of silicone based cleaner/rainx or anti-fog on it. I get this all the time with our dealer cars and it can be a pita to clean. Just be SURE it's clean and scrubbed or the glue will never adhere 100%. Agreed on wurth it works very well. We use it as well as their brake cleaner...not on the glass lol.

Their brake cleaner is good for getting rid of any left over adhesive residue. Just be careful with the interior when using it.

Guest visionwindowfilms

Yeah thats what I was thinking, some sort of Anti Fog coating, will give the active glass cleaner a go and see if that helps, thanks for the advice

Archived