Anyone ever use Dura Shield?

I recently was on a work site that uses Dura Shield and had never heard of or used it before. Now I'm glad that I got to work with it. I have used a lot of films over the years such as clearshield, xpel, venture and 3m. All will leave ghosting and lines when pulled back to reposition. So far I'm very impressed with the stretch of the film and how optically clear the film is. If you get a chance I would recommend trying it.

Guest Invisibra.net

How does it stand up to stains, aka the "sharpie test"? How does it do against scuffing and scratching, or bugs damaging the surface?

While installation may be easier, the long-term durability is a strong factor in my decision process. I had to use Venture for a couple years for doing full hoods, but always hated doing so because it looked like crap within a year from bird droppings leaving their permanent mark, or the potential of scuffing the film with the squeegee while installing...

Avery, Suntek, and Xpel will continue to look good over time, which is why I prefer working with them.

How does it stand up to stains, aka the "sharpie test"? How does it do against scuffing and scratching, or bugs damaging the surface?

While installation may be easier, the long-term durability is a strong factor in my decision process. I had to use Venture for a couple years for doing full hoods, but always hated doing so because it looked like crap within a year from bird droppings leaving their permanent mark, or the potential of scuffing the film with the squeegee while installing...

Avery, Suntek, and Xpel will continue to look good over time, which is why I prefer working with them.

Norm, how do you like Nano compares to the other films? I totally agree on the L-T D of the film. So far nano is tops for me; I've it on my company van for over a yr and 20k miles of neglect and no maintenance. Still, not a hint of yellowing! And I've used 3M, clearshield, xpel, llumar, etc. But damn, nano just jack the price up to 3M level!

Archived