EWF security film testing

Hi Wannabe!!

I have seen quite a few excellent videos covering a wide range of topics.

I think that videos are an excellent way to demonstrate products and you can expect to see them in the future from EWF. I think our first video will be a tutorial on QUV weathering, since this is a topic we get a significant number of questions about. Security Film videos are a bit more complicated, since we would have to get an accredited lab involved.

I have seen countless videos with people whacking film with baseball bats and shooting bullets at glass. If we do release a safety film type of video, it will probably be of an ASTM test or other recognized certification. Those tests are less dramatic to watch (typically dropping specific weight steel balls onto horizontally mounted & filmed glass from certain specific heights), but they are designed to demonstrate the strength of the film in a very measured and precise manner.

Were you aware that our 8Mil Security Film was certified by the same lab used by 3M, Llumar and Solar-Gard? I would be happy to send you a copy of that test result.

Thanks and regards,

Howard

hi, thanks for the reply howard. I think I have seen the test results through the EWF webpage. I would like to eventually put some through my own tests.

I did comment on another topic, my reply was somewhat out of place but it was a comment concerning the fact that the auto 4 mil is rolled liner in, is this correct. I noticed on one of my rolls. also wondering if there where any major differences between what is labeled as 8mil security film and the 8 mil anti graffiti. I noticed both are marked at the same price. does one have a stronger adhesive? one more pliable? or just under different categories to show a broader use?

just some random thoughts going through my head. thank you again for your previous reply and hope to hear from you again.

hey howard,can we put pasqual in a glass box covered with ballistic film and I shoot at it for a test?lol..kiddin...lets use andrew instead..hahahha

Hey JT !!!

Sure, no problem. As long as you are using a water pistol or toy zap gun or something like that.

Also - be warned. Pas is an avid hunter and he might shoot back !

Stay warm. It is freezing out there.

-Howard

the auto 4 mil is rolled liner in, is this correct.

Hi Wannabe !!

If you have a liner in/out preference, just let us know when you place the order. We rewind film for customers all the time. No hassle, no problem and no charge.

Regards,

Howard

wondering if there where any major differences between what is labeled as 8mil security film and the 8 mil anti graffiti.

Hi Wannabe !!

Excellent question... We get this one quite often.

The base film is identical, but the scratch coat and the adhesive have been modified on the AG. The adhesive on the AG version is designed to stick better to the polyester than it does to the glazing. This helps facilitate the clean removal.

Also, the scratch coat on the AG is modified to account for the fact that it will be facing directly at the sun, as opposed to being behind the mounting adhesive (as in a normal application).

I should mention that removing any AG film does require a little skill and finesse to minimize the amount of residual adhesive left on the glass.

Regards,

Howard

Archived