So opening a second Auto Tint Shop

So After expanding my FG business to include auto tint last year it has grown very fast in a short period of time. I got very lucky and hired a tinter with 15 years experience and can tint most cars under an hour and a half with perfection. The problem is I want to add a plotter and software to cut the patterns to increase productivity from 5 cars a day to 7 or 8 eventually. His cut patterns look like they were plotter cut but I figured we could save at least 20 minutes or more if patterns were already cut. The new location is in a very high traffic area with several car dealerships close by and no other tint shop within 25 miles. Im projecting double the business we are getting now in our current suburban location with no visability from the main road. We currently do on average 100 cars a month in a back of a plaza with no store front (yes Im a marketing genius....lol). So my question is, what plotter and software should I go with that is the most reliable and best to use in your experience?

I'm 1 guy with 2 shops . I use the Tint Tek 20/20 at each location. A plotter at each place and just bring the laptop to whichever location I'm at and works out real well! :thumb

Guest Technicstint.com

I use film & vinyl designs with a roland plotter. Great tint patterns. ok ppf patterns. fair price. I started out cutting everything too. The plotter did save time, but i noticed, also, i was saving in water, soap, paper towles, knives and film. After getting use to the software and plotter! there is a learning curve to consider. Now i have 2 employees, besides my wife, and if i can get these guys working as a team i know another shop is only a matter of time.

Archived