Panther

I dought it. I was working for one of my brother in-laws who is a 3M user of flat glass. I was doing cars on the side and had a customer come in for a warranty claim on a panther purple job from Texas. I called the CA 3M dist. and told them I had a warranty claim (useing my brother in-laws buisness name) He says "you don't use auto film." I said not normally but I have a warranty issue with your film. I told him I needed like 56" for a rear window of a van. He grudgeingly mails me a piece on a 60" roll about a 28" pull.

When I pulled it out I was so pissed cause the factory edges were on the sides of the window and not on the top and bottom. I thought it was weird he sent me a 60" but thought maybe it was a remnant on the core.

Oh ya the film came off in little pieces. I spent the extra time saving the defroster lines. 3M wanted me to mail them the used film. I put the thousands of stinky purple pieces in a manilla envelope and mailed it. The most likely threw it in the trash when it got there.

I ended up thorwing the panter in the trash and retinted it with SG HP6. She was happy I made no money and she thinks to this day that there is panther on her rear window.

Guest Litespeeds

Bought a roll of that Panther stuff and still have some sitting around. Luckily I didn't install too much of that film. When I put some on my own vehicle, I noticed how distorted it was. All I can say is, I was not impressed. :ford

Couldn't get myself to sell something I didn't believe in. What a disappointment. :ford

Thats some smelly @#$% comming off {old panther}. Speaking of crappy tint with a nice install I saw a 03 or 04 Accord last week with chrome to smoke fader all around. Nice install with no dust, creases or light gaps, just some gay tint fuggin up an nice black car. :booga

Archived