2002 corvette any tips

Guest c5ct

Plannning on stripping and re tinting my vette. Searched but couldn't the best shape to anchor door glass or rear glass to shrink it. I read a post here of someone using an H pattern foor the door glass and U for the back glass. Any tips from someone who personally done one would be appreciated. Car is completely bizzare to me with such curved glass. It is my car so I have plenty of time to mess with it. thanks

I have done several corvettes. Honestly I don't remember how I do an 02. I just let the glass speak to me and follow along. Just go for it. You may ruin some film but it is no loss if you learn something.

Make a "U" for your anchor

Normal middle horizontal anchor, and then up the top halves sides

Got the back done pretty easy did it like you said one piece of lint and a tiny crease. Probably just live with it. Side glass is a pita. Tacked the top and dry shrank the bottom. Not sure if it was the best way but it worked out ok. I guess not bad for a total noob it's the third car I've done.

Got the back done pretty easy did it like you said one piece of lint and a tiny crease. Probably just live with it. Side glass is a pita. Tacked the top and dry shrank the bottom. Not sure if it was the best way but it worked out ok. I guess not bad for a total noob it's the third car I've done.

That's awesome for a noob!! I just did a 2013 and that's what helped me the most was that anchor set up.

That's awesome for a noob!! I just did a 2013 and that's what helped me the most was that anchor set up.

Yea I'm not tryin to do it for money just like the challenge of trying a trade that absolutely takes talent and a lot if practice. Had a hell of a time doing my brothers 12 ram 1500 talk about tight side seals. And make no mistake I wasted a LOT of film. Which was ewf classic black.

Archived