IR Meter

Yes, it's pretty straight forward, about as accurate as being within 2% poimts of a mass spectrometer costing 100K+ and it's a steal at around 8-9 benjamins.

Be aware, for those IR numbers so many like to tout about their film, this thing debunks them.

Try it on some auto glass without film and be surprised, be very surprised.

Thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for. Anyone ever used one of these?

:thumb Yes many times. It is a great tool for debunking selective IR measured films like Smartie alluded too. It is also a very nice for comparative sun damage reduction from film to film. There is a value called "Damaged Weight" that gives a numerical measurement (0-100) based on ISO9050 and NFRC 300 standards. This helps you put a number to the age old consumer question "which film reduces the most sun damage?"

It is the most accurate portable device for measuring Solar Transmission 300-1700nm you will find. Also measures visible and UV transmittance.

Guest Tint Activists

Thanks a lot! That's exactly what I was looking for. Anyone ever used one of these?

It is the most accurate portable device for measuring Solar Transmission 300-1700nm you will find. Also measures visible and UV transmittance.

Here's a cheap baby from Ebay for you. Note: Less functions (no VLT or UV readings). It will just take care of the "T/IR" transmission up to 1700nm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161078101315

If you buy it, let me know if it is worth the $$$.

Here's a cheap baby from Ebay for you. Note: Less functions (no VLT or UV readings). It will just take care of the "T/IR" transmission up to 1700nm.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161078101315

If you buy it, let me know if it is worth the $$$.

Thanks, but I get a pretty good price on them already as we are an EDTM distributor.

That meter only reads 1000-1700nm so it is only measuring part of the NIR spectrum. The Solar Spectrum meter is capable of reading accurately from 300nm all the way up too 1700nm +/- 2% at NFRC 300, ISO 9050, and EN410. The difference in part is the quality of the sensor. EDTM put a very high quality component in theirs that is reflected in the price. Anything above that range would take a very expensive piece of equipment.

Archived