What would you do if you were me?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it before and I will say it again. The only way to grow your business Is to duplicate yourself for a fraction of what you actually cost. The employee route is what it is. Sooner or later they will become your competition.

Have you ever had employees/ trainee tinters full time before?

I tried it 2 times in the past and wasn't a good fit for me. One guy brought too much drama into the shop and both times I hired was the only time I ever had work come back to haunt me. One guy insisted his way of tinting was better but the end result was below par of what I let leave the shop.

Tinitman and Tom are spot on TW, to grow, make more moolah, take on bigger projects or just to take it a bit easier,you have to get a mini-me.

They will drive you crazy, waste time and film but at the end of the day they will make you more than they cost you if you get the right one (train him yourself)

You gave me this same advice once.

Your job is to set and maintain standards, and keep that work flowing in.

Not telling you anything you don't already know, youve been around long enough to have seen it all,so it doesn't really matter what we think. What are you going to do?

Post up what you decide.

Thanks for the replies guys :thumb

It's a road every solo tinter will cross someday. I've come at peace by turning down the work I can no longer take in. It is a shame to see untapped $$$ walk away to competition when they phone me first. I think I know what I'm going to do , I'm just going to see how it sits I'm my guy for a bit before choosing a road

The one way I see for you to grow your business considering your rep and quality, is to move to the high income clientele (sp?) the one who the rich and famous call on to get their car tinted.

I could see a client buying a new car and going on a trip for a month, they arrange for you to install film on their car, either you pick it up and return it when done, or one of their staff brings it by for you to do.

I could see you tint only 10 cars in a week and make more than you make now.

This appears given your circumstances, the only way to grow is to move to the higher level of clients.

I could see you on here in 36 months with the same problem, too many cars and having to turn some away.

You having the experience that you have.

Maybe you should look into going to work as a rep for one of the film or tool manufacturers.

I had thought of this for the "end game "down the road, but has long as the body holds out, there's always more money in installing :DD

Archived