What would you do if you were me?

Just throwing it out there . Been tinting almost 30 yrs now and have built a great name for myself . Problem is its a catch 22. I'm so heavily booked because of the way I've promoted myself . I do the selling, installation, I'm shop boy, marketer, driver, I promote myself as the only person that will ever touch your car. Customers eat it up. I'm always booked. Problem? I'm getting tired :lol

How do you expand when the very thing that floats my business is the stated above? Do I try hiring an experienced tinter? Start from scratch?

My end game was to hire 1 of my 2 boys but both have NO interest.

Thoughts ?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only do the sales and the management part of things. Tell people how you have the best installers to reassure they are going to a quality job and if they are not the best installers, teach them into being really good ones. Then so you don't have to keep hiring new guys again and again pay them as good installers.

I have done both. I trained both of my sons and many other people. I have hired people with little experience, and with tons of experience.

Having an employee is like having additional children. Times will be good, then drama, then good, drama, then good....

One thing I do when they are hired, they know what is expected of them. I expect them ready for work on time, not just showing up on time. I expect them devote their energy during business hours on business, not others things in life.I expect an honest day's work and I pay them an honest day's pay.

In return I will do my best to keep them making money.

My Achilles Heel is I've worked so long alone I'm just so used to it. I seriously don't know if I can deal with employee "drama" :lol (heard too many horror stories)

I've turned down so much $$$ this year because I can't keep up the solo act since I decided to not work more than 40hrs.

Maybe charge more? that should weed some people out and youll make more $...

Not the solution. it's more of a me getting out of the back window tinting sort of thing. I charge plenty :DD

Sell

The thought had crossed my mind. Only thing is I would want to still tint in my town here and there. I don't think that would go down ethically too well with whoever bought the business lol

Archived