Guest Me_shelli

I put V-Cool on my car, about 2 years ago. Didn't seal the edges. I haven't noticed any change as of yet. But as I said it's only been 2 years so far. I've never used it on a customer car. If you mess up a piece, it can prove to be a very costly mistake. But if you charge well enough for it to make it worth it, I think that the look of it is appealing and it could be KOOL. :dunno:lol

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Readyman

I have installed a fair amount of Vkool 70, I personally don't like the orange peel look of the film. As it ages, this gets worse and the optics aren't as good.

Just my opinion though.

V-Kool's technology is so far ahead of anything in the world irrespective of other manufacturers that they really are in a league of their own.

Small world to believe that... so Southwall figured out how to sputter... Huper and ceramics... CPF and SS technology...

I cannot :dunno

Same here OT...

Huh? :lol:lol

Devil,

I have installed some V-Kool as a subcontractor, and that's the extent of my experience.

However, as far as carrying this film to sell, I have to say that in my area, where people are tight fisted about money anyway, there is little market for V-kool.

Couple that with the fact that it costs so much, has some reliablility issues, and has some strict installation requirements, there is little incentive for me to try to sell the stuff.

When I first looked into it when it was still called Solis the requirement was something outrageous like $5,000 buy-in. I barely even double that number in total flat glass sales per year.

I would have thought that as expensive  and exotic v-kool is it would carry a lifetime warranty, after all isn't it all metal? and devil, why don't more of you guys down under use huper, from what I remember everyone says you have a unique and brutal climate to deal with and complain about most films not lasting long.

G'day Soul,

Fair comments and here are the answers.

VK is all metal, has no dyes.

Lifetime warranty...VK's people are one of the most genuine when it comes to actual time limits for their films. 5 years is more than adequate and protects customer and tint seller with "real time" warranty terms. It held up for flat glass years ago and I don't see anything wrong with continuing that theme today. Sadly with pressure amounting from competitors, I think they are going that way as well.

Huper also has some remarkable products but have no national or state distributorship in this country. Therefore servicing of the product has to be in jeopardy if supply has to come out of our closest outlet being Singapore in Asia.

As you could now understand with the situation becoming clearer, film backup has to be immediate in the event of a faulty product or more film required the next day or whatever. Not "hold on customer until I get it sent from Asia and it will be here in the morning."

Consider despatch out of the factory, air freight, clearing from customs, bond storage, road transport etc., not on at the moment.

Huper is trying to seek a potential distributor as we speak for its future sales but currently it's not a viable proposition to buy film without at least a warehouse. On the other hand VK has a local outlet and product here can be obtained by taxi cab same day if I want it.

Why is VK unique? Try finding a 70% VLT with NO reflectivity inside or out that rejects 94% of infra-red and a TSER of 50+%.

I have this on my own home now for in excess of 9 years copping all north sun (opposite to you guys) and with 50 French panes done, shows not a sign of any product failure anywhere and I never sealed it. Whacked it straight on out of the box. :spit and I'd be the first one to tell you if the stuff was going off. Believe me I'm more than critical. The film still performs like it should, the colour has never altered, the carpet against the glass is as good as the day I fitted it and you still can't tell it's on the glass.

Thanks to all for coming back to me.

Devil

Devil,

However, as far as carrying this film to sell, I have to say that in my area, where people are tight fisted about money anyway, there is little market for V-kool.

When I first looked into it when it was still called Solis the requirement was something outrageous like $5,000 buy-in. I barely even double that number in total flat glass sales per year.

Hoosier,

Have you ever seen the BTU test machine and VK's presentation? It would convert the most sceptical out there.

The buy in is total :spit but each country is different and we don't have that arrangement. That's not to say that their exclusivity arrangement that they have with one sole distributor outlet is particularly brilliant either. Matter of fact I think it darn stupid and unprofessional IMO.

Selling both VK and HO is best done face to face using each owns' demonstation unit. Not over the phone to a wood duck who knows very little about film.

Devil

Guest metint
Why is VK unique? Try finding a 70% VLT with NO reflectivity inside or out that rejects 94% of infra-red and a TSER of 50+%.

Can find one that does this in CPF's SpectraSelect film.

Once unique... but not today. :spit

Also, many heavy metallized films have high infra-red rejection numbers... because infra-red only makes up 53% of the solar spectrum. Heat can occur from visible light (44% of the solar spectrum) and a very minute amount from UV (3% of the solar spectrum).

High VLT in combination with medium to high TSER = a spectrally-selective product and is usually stated in terms of Luminous Efficacy.

Even Bekaert has a Spectrally selective product.

:booga

Archived