Spray on tint ?

A potential customer asked me a while back if I do "glass dipping". I said I've never heard of it, to which he replied " okay it's a better finish than window film as its spray on and abit like plasti-dip". :s me personally have never heard of this and don't think I want to , sounds like awfull stuff and some sort of quick money making idea someone's come up with in their garden shed.

prob heard about it on a auto forum. theres allot of self proclaimed industy insiders on those things. haha.

i wouldnt see any type of consistancy with something like that. or predictable shades. wear resistance and removability would be a concern too.

sure if its spray on try it , example try painting your car see how that turns out , just like tintings an art so is painting, don't worry spray culdnt block out uv's

there products wont  take our business from us guys , there selling bullshot by the pound

There use to be a product in the 70s and early 80s called Flo tinting. I know an installer that is in his 60s that use to install it. It sounded like a pain in the a-- . He would have to remove every window from toe car and spray the top of the glass back and forth and let the color flow down the glass. I saw the finished product back in the 80s when I started and it looked flawless. The main ingredient was banned by the EPA in the 80s. The product was not only hazardous but flammable as gasoline. The solar properties were marginal and the product is obsolete now. Hope this helps

Archived