Blade Lock Review

I just wanted to post my Blade Lock experience.

I usually use a retractable blade holder. Its a little bulky and always seems to be at the bottom of my pouch.  

I don't use single edge razor blades alone mostly because of the dilemma of ' what do I do with it after cleaning the glass '

Over the years I have had guys set them on the floor of the car and inevitably forget them now and again... only to have the customers toddler find a new toy.  I have had guys set the blades on the car armrest only to pay for the occasional upholstery slice repair.  I have even had guys keep them loose in their pouch and that is just disaster waiting to strike....      

The Blade Lock is most definitely the solution !!  

Blade Lock feels durable and had no problem attaching to my pouch.  The magnets held the blade securely in place.  Every door I came upon I knew exactly where the blade was. 

I know it is only seconds between reaching down and grabbing a blade immediately vs. fishing through hard cards and squegees... but it sure felt like it saved more time.... and the frustration of fishing around for the damn retractable scraper.....   

I'm sure its not for everyone.... but if you are a single edge blade user I HIGHLY recommend giving one of these a try :thumb

Blade Lock just arrived an hour ago.

We played a bit with it and discovered that you really REALLY want to pay attention before letting go of the blade when putting back on the holder!!!

The Magnets are VERY strong. Strong enough to pull blade out of whats left of your fingers.

If you misplace the blade and don't notice there will be a Purple heart purpleheart.gif in your future!

20140402_112219_zps7ca3a0d7.jpg

A request was made that I edit my review.

Please note that it is from my perspective as a install trainer who has had an installer LITERALLY 10 seconds after being shown how to use a 4" Unger and put its cap on promptly jam it into his thumb.

I want you to use this product safely like any other of the tools we use that incorporate sharp things that can hurt you.

Bladelock cannot be held responsible for operator error.

Here goes....

As expected Blade Lock does hold on to a 1" blade VERY well due to the strong magnets.

Please take a few minutes to see how yours behaves for YOU.

Get used to knowing where your Bladelock is and the blade placement in the notched area before you let it go.

Once you are familiar with your new tool it works great and should make your install experience safer because you ALWAYS know where your blade is.

Archived