Hard water/mineral deposits??

Take regular white vinegar and mist it over the window. Then place paper towels over the wet window and let sit. Don't let the towel go dry. The vinegar is a natural dissolver of calcium which will take the water spots away.

I use this method to remove water spots from my fish finders on my boat.

I knew the vinegar trick, but not the paper towel bit. Nice tip, I wonder if backing sheets would work as well. I assume the paper towel is just there to hold the vinegar on the glass?

A quick rub with vinegar and oooo steel wool works too.

A detailer's trick is to use car polish or clay block on the glass.

Or more recently you can get a ClayTech pad for your orbital polisher which is making clay obsolete.

I knew the vinegar trick, but not the paper towel bit. Nice tip, I wonder if backing sheets would work as well. I assume the paper towel is just there to hold the vinegar on the glass?

A quick rub with vinegar and oooo steel wool works too.

A detailer's trick is to use car polish or clay block on the glass.

Or more recently you can get a ClayTech pad for your orbital polisher which is making clay obsolete.

I have the polishing pad and love it. It works okay on the glass but if it's really spotted up the vinegar works good to start and then the poliishing pad can finish it off. Your right that the paper towel just helps the vinegar stay on the glass to make it work that much better.

Archived