Biggest load of dookie I've ever heard...

In the past 2 or 3 weeks I have heard about Toyota moving their headquarters to Texas, and also heard from the mayor (I believe) chastise them for the move.

Smart business people make smart moves.  Moving Toyota to Texas can and will be nothing but positive.  Our governor has made a huge campaign going to various states to promote Texas as a state that is the place to be...and it is.  It is far more cost effective for large corporations to do business (or any business for that matter) in Texas than in any other state, and thats not just my opinion.  Along with the other coastal southern states that bleed red, we happen to know how to keep the market and workforce alive.  In Texas alone, we create more jobs every year than any other state in the nation, and sometimes, creating more jobs than any other state in the nation COMBINED.  This is a bold fact/statement.

The article I just browsed through is a load of dookie.  Look, Toyota is moving their headquarters here, and is a huge move to which other auto makers will/might follow.  GM is still struggling with a terrible product, while Dodge has improved drastically, and Ford continues with loyalty and ingenuity  It is a matter of time before the big three follow Toyota to bring HQ home to Texas where business is BOOMING!!!!!

I will note, I mean to say Toyota US HQ.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304536104579559741323639678

First off, a company is not going to pull up the tent stakes and move their operation just because. It is all about money, plain and simple.

It is cheaper to do business here.

But in Austin, because of the huge migration of people our cost of living is taking a shot through the roof. We will see how it goes after the dust settles

Archived