Hi there been askec

d to quote on frost tint louvers for privacy, has anyone done louvers and do u just order tint say an inch over then trim wouldn't it be difficult to trim off width ways? Please help, thanks.

I precut them exact and just trim 1 vertical onsite

I dunno, I've done two larger jobs of louvres. One I trimmed, other I pulled em out. Gotta admit, I did walk away feeling a bit chuffed after the job I pulled em out.... The one where I trimmed I didn't feel too great about..... Custy was happy though?

I dunno, I've done two larger jobs of louvres. One I trimmed, other I pulled em out. Gotta admit, I did walk away feeling a bit chuffed after the job I pulled em out.... The one where I trimmed I didn't feel too great about..... Custy was happy though?

louvres move around a lot in the frames, if you take them out and tint them and slide them back in, you run the risk of the frame rubbing and wearing the film as the glass moves around as they are opened and closed.

Also, the time it takes to remove and replace all that glass and the risk you take sliding them back in while the tint hasn't set isn't worth it.

When you have to tint a couple of hundred of them (pretty typical) cut the film exact top to bottom , leaving a couple of mill at the edges for a gap, and just leave a little overlap at 1 vertical edge to trim on site. It will only take a minute or two on each louvre when you get your tint face on.

Archived