Window Tint Pro Houston TX

We may now have a place to send the new installers that keep asking for cheap film to learn with. That is disappointment when a seasoned installer looking for an opportunity (by wanting to know who manufactured a product) to even consider adding a value line.... I am a snap-on and mac guy, but even harbor freight let's you know it's Pittsburgh. Might be a good line for installers doing dealership work, they don't care what goes on their cars, only that it is almost free

Cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, just had to check on them because I have never heard of them. They are a wholesaler tintguy09, and with my experience, it would tell me that they purchase discontinued or old stock from film mannys. Therefore it could be lulu, solarplate, etc....

Hell, it could be ATC films out of Florida (I think they changed their name) give Carlos down there a call, he is a shady guy, but doesn't mind telling you where he got it...this is why some of the wholesalers won't tell you.... Because they don't even know when they rebox it where it came from.

Years ago someone broke into my shop and left with a case of remote starts and about 20 rolls of film, it may even be some of those.

Have a great day

Cheers

Pretty sure that is Phillip at solar control. I doubt they can tell you who makes the film due to non disclosure agreements.

Come on guys, no distributor is going to tell you where they get their film from! Ever! and if they do how truthful do you think they will be by telling you? they can say any company! 

Im a distributor myself and the quote above is correct, we cannot say who or where we get it from because of the agreements in place, im going to stop right here before i get mad!

well I appreciate your incite on the matter DrTint. ill probably just stick with what im using now. I was thinking of maybe ordering a few rolls from Express Window Films or Global. I remember doing a car using Global a long time ago and I saw it 3-4 years later and it was already breaking down.I think it was a cheaper roll though. Ever ordered from Express or Global? if so would you recommend any of the film types they offer?

I've bought tools from them before and received good service.  Can't speak for the film though.  I wanted to try some out, but the pricing isn't too far from what I pay for my branded stuff and it wasn't worth the cost savings to me to possibly end up with junk.  And personally, I take pride in telling customers I use only Express Film.  I'd hate to tell people I'm not sure of the brand of film I'm about to install on their vehicle.

also to SolarTint, Id like to think they would share the manufacturers name. If you don't I don't know how you expect any reputable business to buy and use your window film.

I disagree. We sell to alot of dealers who have switched over from other top manufacturers because of 1. Price 2. Customer service 3. Good products that speak for themselves, if thats the case then you all should start asking the "top" brands where they get they're products from. Lamination and Coating does not count! 

well I appreciate your incite on the matter DrTint. ill probably just stick with what im using now. I was thinking of maybe ordering a few rolls from Express Window Films or Global. I remember doing a car using Global a long time ago and I saw it 3-4 years later and it was already breaking down.I think it was a cheaper roll though. Ever ordered from Express or Global? if so would you recommend any of the film types they offer?

I cant sell a product that doesn't have a brand name to back it up. But thats just me.

4002324674_cc8c5b9d3e_z.jpg?w=300&h=201

vs

12474609775_a656929d6f_z.jpg?w=217&h=300

My family have 4 tint shops in our city and few of us carry different brands with different price points.

We are all busy but a couple locations tint alot of brand new and high end cars.

One that does a ton of cars mainly the customers that just don't care or the older shit boxes.

All successful but aimed towards different target customers

Archived