windy days dragging dust into shop

Situation:

Windy outside....

Problem: Garage roller door gets most of wind from main road, unfortunately a very dusty main road thanks to quarry trucks doing 80k's.

I was thinking of runnning an aircon unit, putting rubber seals on roller door from Bunnings or Clark Rubber.

Maybe a fan with a wet towell over it to help control this introduced problem on a windy day.

Part from that my shed/shop is clean and washed out on a regular basis.

Scratch the fan idea, it can only blow the dust around even more.

Look into ways to seal the shop up even more and wet everything down often to settle the dust.

If the shop is sealed properly, you shouldn't have a dust problem, I'm on the main highway also and everything is clean as a whistle here.

Been meaning to ask though Brian - is that BJ's and Detailing or BJS Detailing?

Could be why your phone rings off the hook sometimes :D

Scratch the fan idea, it can only blow the dust around even more.

Look into ways to seal the shop up even more and wet everything down often to settle the dust.

If the shop is sealed properly, you shouldn't have a dust problem, I'm on the main highway also and everything is clean as a whistle here.

Been meaning to ask though Brian - is that BJ's and Detailing or BJS Detailing?

old joke haha - its definitely not BJ's lol - 

and if it was, my prices would be rather elaborate lmao

I reckon sealing up is the way. I put on my super duper bright halogen lights today and found that sealing the roller door helped reduce the dust in the air.

If you have been in the grocery store you will notice how they mist the vegetables on occasion; find where all the gear is that would allow for rigging a misting line (suspended from the ceiling and hooked to power and water) around the area a car is tinted and on those days (or whenever a car is being tinted) you flip a switch and mist the air.

- is that BJ's and Detailing or BJS Detailing?

[emoji23][emoji106]

:facepalm2 counselling is available if it all gets too much for ya RockyDaz !!  :lol
Counselling???

Too late for that, I've been in the game too long already...I'm a goner.

It is a great name you've got, any bloke will remember that name. Very clever IMO.even if it is unintended.

Archived