Advertising what works for you?

Been tinting 11years & have been in business about 12months. Dealer work is currently 70-80% of my income. Things are evolving & to cut a long story short I'm wanting to boost the leads/inquiries for retail. I have a website however I took the cheaper option & its delivering poor results. Most my inquiries come from facebook with a small amount of walk-in which is fine for the moment however what works for you guys? Should I spend the extra money on improving my web design, involving myself more with yellow pages or local papers? I don't have the luxury of word of mouth/reputation as most long established businesses so how would you suggest to get my name out there in the retail world?

Been tinting 11years & have been in business about 12months. Dealer work is currently 70-80% of my income. Things are evolving & to cut a long story short I'm wanting to boost the leads/inquiries for retail. I have a website however I took the cheaper option & its delivering poor results. Most my inquiries come from facebook with a small amount of walk-in which is fine for the moment however what works for you guys? Should I spend the extra money on improving my web design, involving myself more with yellow pages or local papers? I don't have the luxury of word of mouth/reputation as most long established businesses so how would you suggest to get my name out there in the retail world?

website all the way , forget yellow pages.

Google Windowtinting Tamworth tell me what you find

Depends mate. At the end of the day, everything is online now. A suped up website can look great or be too much, end of the day it varies between each customer all you can do is target which clientele you advertise too. Biggest example is advertising for the cheapest or for the best, and broaden it from there. In sydney you can spend thousands on a website then not get a result because people will spend up to a few thousand a month to have their site compete for first place on Google searches. I use Adwords from time to time but it can also be a waste of money too. I've Lways believed that grass roots stuff is the best, getting yourself out there like the Internet didn't exist, meeting with your locals personally. Just think about the type of customers you want to deal with, then think about where they are going to see your advertisement frequently. When you do a job don't be afraid to flaunt it. I don't anymore because I'm just tired but I would always knock on the doors of the neighbors when I did a nice flat glass job and introduce myself as their local, and let them know I just did so and sos house. Seems a bit school boy but I bet you if your keen when you meet with them, they will see it and will think of you. Advertising doesn't create work, the work is there advertising is just putting your business out for those who need work done to find you

That is actually pretty insightful Deano.

It follows then that if , as you say, the work is out there, then the best advertising is to the people who will use your services frequently and not just once every 5 years or so.

Hmmm.

I think TomTint said it best once, find a few clients who will use you over and over again and that's all you need.... Where do you find them in the city though? Easier said then done, but not hard to find

Mate -I rank first on google in Brisbane for paint protection - cause Im a car detailer. I do window tinting now to make up the package deals. All these guys on this forum have helped me learn some tricks of the trade and how to bag the crap outa someone - so, happy to give you some help with a website, I know google stuff - former IT Network analyst lol.
whats ur www. ?

Archived