Big A$$ Lights....shop lighting

OK , I need some lights in my shop, why do I care if you can "smash" another competitors light ????? Show some "verifiable proof" that things will be brighter and cost efficient over the long run.

OK , I need some lights in my shop, why do I care if you can "smash" another competitors light ????? Show some "verifiable proof" that things will be brighter and cost efficient over the long run.

Simple just check out the lumens per watt rating. Warehouse lighting is at 113 per watt and big ass is at 110 per watt. I don't even see the lumen rating on most of the ones listed on home depots site. Most are of the 4k and not the 5k as well. 5600K being the closest to actual sunlight you want to be in the 5k range as its the whitest light of the spectrum.

My 8ft bulbs are at 6500K which is significantly closer to natural daylight than these. I like the concept but hopefully they will come out with 6500K later on

Sunlight goes from 5k to 6500k throughout the day. 5600k is considered to be the best light or noon light as some call it. Movie industry uses 5600k as a standard for instance. 6500k is considered to be overcast sunlight. Anything from 5000-6500 should work great. Just avoid the lower 4k bulbs. Mine are in the 5k range and the light looks straight white to me. Anything to reduce my electric bills works for me. Here in Cali we get screwed with pricing on power. I like the low maintenance of LED's as well, specially when they are 20 feet up!

Archived