Big A$$ Lights....shop lighting

The rep for Big A$$ came by the shop the other day.  You know the guys that make the big huge overhead shop fans. Anyway, I was rather impressed and thought I might share, just in case you haven't heard of them. 

Well they now have Big A$$ Lights.   :thumb   They are pretty awesome.  They have multiple options from home garage lighting, to low bay and high bay lighting.  One small light replaces three of your normal 2bulb 8foot fixtures.  With a high range of lumen options, you are sure to find what you need.  And they will put a wall plug on them with whatever length cord you need, if you don't want to hard wire them in :thumb

Now they are a little pricey, but worth it IMO.  They also have a 60day trial then purchase program which is a great option so that you can see the difference before you purchase.  I think if you tried it, you would keep them. 

I looked at a 4ft double row high bay light that only weighed 32lbs and when he plugged it up it made my 6 eight foot fixtures seem like they weren't even on.  With just one light.  It was impressive.  And they are so light and easy to move around that if you have to move shop, just take them with you.  

I post this because I see a lot of nice shops that do Tint, PPF and Graphics that I really think could benefit from these lights.  

I do not work for them and I am considering the trial program myself.  I just thought this was something we could all benefit from. If you didn't know about them, check them out.  Thanks for letting me share.  

http://www.bigasslight.com/

I use these http://www.warehouse-lighting.com/store/p/10375-High-Bay-400-Watt-LED.aspx

Some of the highest output lumens I could find. Not cheap either but I have high ceilings. We use motion sensors on ours and they dim then turn off after a short time if no motion is detected. never touch the switch and they are like the sun when on. You need to be in the 5000 kelvin to be close to the outside. This helps with PPF and detailing tremendously. We added 4 of them about 6 months ago and I am going to add another 4 soon. We have a large skylight in the center of our shop and all walls are white. We run them about 20 feet off the ground.

I need more so going to give the big ass ones a try too as they have about the same lumens per watt mine do and I know mine kick ass. Like you said how can you go wrong for free trial. How much do they run each as I don't see pricing on them? I would want the 26,000 in 5000k only.

The light I looked at was a high bay light if I'm not mistaken(but don't quote me on that, it might have been a low bay??)   And I was told it was $530/each.  I looked up the garage light at 13,000 lumens  and it was $399 with a $40 sensor option.  The motion sensor option is nice also.  It turns the light on when you enter.  If no motion is sensed it dims the light to about half power then shuts off if no more motion is sensed.  

The rep told me they are pretty good with working with you. So if you need more than 60 days, they will help you out  :thumb  

Guest jabraham1969

Hey was looking at this whole lighting thing! 

Found that Warehouse-Lighting offers a few fixtures that are less money and are more lumens then the biga$$ Lighting people and Made in America too. This one [snip]

Check out these!

I'm going with the ladder 17,600  lumens for 268.00 dollars 5 year warranty too 

let me know what you guys think 

Hey was looking at this whole lighting thing! 

Since this is your first post and you included links, I checked your email in google and all the results were links to lighting "reviews" you wrote. :chin

Me thinks you're a spammer. :pirate

I signed up today to try a few of these. They have these in wall mount and you can direct them with what looks like a pretty good angle adjustment. I am trying those and the high ceiling ones. Already own the ones from warehouse lighting. Both companies have pretty much the same lumens per watt. Construction of the big ass ones looks better but you also need more of them to equal the big ones from warehouse lighting. Looking forward to these and knowing what I already have rocks I will 99% be hanging on to these and I have 60 days if I change my mind.

Anyone looking into lighting you will not be disappointed with LED. Cost more up front but use way less electricity in the long run. Make sure to get them with proximity sensors. I set mine to dim after 10mins, then 2mins later they go off. Never really touch the wall switch on them ;)

I could spend 100 bucks and have some good light...200 even better. Lowes or home desperate...just sayin

Nothing Lowes or Home Depot offers comes close to these LED's. I own both and the warehouse lighting ones are the real deal. Its all about the Lumens they put out and in the 5K range its like daylight under one of them without breaking the bank in electricity costs.

Archived