aagh...little bits!!

Guest naughtydog

Guest naughtydog

Sometimes at the end of a job, normally a roll down window, I will notice a little curly mark. I call them worms. I think they are small hairs trapped under the film. Is there anything that can be done with these.?? Do you heat em and give them some stick with a lil chizler?? Today I did this and in the end, I had a smudge in the adhesive?? Tint Wizard had been giving me a helping hand with this problem but I would like other input also.

Also, I think I am trying too hard sometimes to speed up the drying process. I will give the glass some heat and then , if I notice a water bubble and try and push it out, some times this turns into a little visible mark as I think the glass it to warm to push the bubble over and out to the edge of the tint and it can end up as a smudge.

Maybe I should just let the car go and telll the customer it will dry. :booga

Another question. I normally file the top of my windows at the end of an install. If I were to leave a micro-gap at the top, are there any known problems with the film peeling??

The time whan the job can get f****d -up is when it's filing time. Sometimes I try it before the film has dried enough to file - my mistake I know.

Help me here guys

Naughtydog

Here is an image of what sometimes happens. Not to scale :thumb

Sometimes at the end of a job, normally a roll down window, I will notice a little curly mark. I call them worms. I think they are small hairs trapped under the film. Is there anything that can be done with these.?? Do you heat em and give them some stick with a lil chizler?? Today I did this and in the end, I had a smudge in the adhesive?? Tint Wizard had been giving me a helping hand with this problem but I would like other input also.

Your best bet with these is to heat form the outside and then push from the top of the hair, lint, whatever to the bottom. Use a bondo card as it will be less likely to push the glue. Practice makes perfect. If it's a thick hair or it's in plain sight you might want to pull the tint back and try to pick it out. Too much heat and a push down with to much pressure is going to lead to a "glue push". That's what we call them. Once you get to that point it's a done deal. No fixing that. :thumb

Also, I think I am trying too hard sometimes to speed up the drying process. I will give the glass some heat and then , if I notice a water bubble and try and push it out, some times this turns into a little visible mark as I think the glass it to warm to push the bubble over and out to the edge of the tint and it can end up as a smudge.

As far as this goes. Most of the time I find that over the next few days these white marks well dry clear. Try to push all the big water out before you do any heating. Small water bubbles are going to dry out all on there own. Just let the customer know that they may see some things that appear to be bubbles but that they will all dry out within a couple weeks. The customer will be able to see that they get smaller everyday. This is normal with every tint job. Make sure to get the BIG water bubbles out as they will leave air bubbles (very small air bubbles) as they dry. Especially in hotter weather. :thumb good luck!

By lookin at the Picture. I think this is because MAN handling of the Film. You will See those small nics. I get them when I Do reverse roll application on the back glass. JUst be More Care Full with handling the FIlm.