SolarFX CarbonFX 20%

So I tried some CarbonFX 20% on a Speed 3 :cool

Nice film. The color was very nice. Once I got it on the car and started working and looking at it. I like it. Not to green or blue or brown. Just a nice even charcoal black.

I bet it looks great up against Mazda and Nissan factory tint. Chevy-Ford-Dodge, I don't know. The 15% maybe(haven't seen it yet). But it looked great on the Speed 3. Nice black look with not to much of "sheen or shimmer" to it, but not flat if you know what I mean. Should be great for matching the lighter factory tint.

Inside and out optical clarity looked great. And I leaned and looked at angles :blink No orange peel

Shrinkability was nice :thumb The backglass of the Speed 3 isn't exactly the easiest, it's not a Bug by any means. But it shrank very well. Good level of durability before it melts. I also didn't notice any ghosting from shrinking the doors.

I didn't make any mistakes shrinking, so I don't know how forgiving this film is. I have enough left for a tougher backglass, so we will see then.

The scratch coating is nice on this film.  No surface tension problem with your squeegees. They glide right across and I didn't get any scratches from a non-covered hard card. ++

The aggressive adhesive is easy to work with. It  tacs up quickly but it's not unmanageable. ++ 

I did notice that the aggressive adhesive makes heat repairs a little sketchy. I tends to leave that stretch type mark a little easier. And it is a little thicker mil after the liner is removed, so if it folds to much during install, it will leave a mark that will have to be dealt with. All part of the learning curve with new film lines.

All in all this is a good film with nice color and shrinking qualities. I can't wait to see the swatches of the rest of the line.
post-28358-0-31720700-1432041657_thumb.j

Wow Bham, thank you for a very thorough review of the CarbonFX film. I am glad that you had a good first experience with the film. I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to try our film out and I appreciate the review from a true Professional.

Thank you again Bham, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Shawn

Archived