BMW i3 coming in tomorrow

Take your time on this one, especially if it's your first. I've only done 3 but they keep getting easier the more they're done. 

First off the back doors that swing open like a suicide door, in my opinion dry shrinking those like you would a back window is best. I find wet shrinking them like you would a normal door creates crazy fingers in a small surface area with no room to disperse the fingers evenly to relieve tension. So dry shrinking them will save a lot of time and hassle in my opinion. 

Secondly, those rear quarters will take some time, be patient whilst installing them. The way I find easiest is installing the tallest end of the film first which would be facing the front of the car, slowly bind up your film in the center in order to clear your space to get the small tail end of the film into its space, you'll see what I'm talking about once you have the vehicle in front of you. I've heard some people even back roll it, but my hands are too big for such a space as that quarter window. As long as you bind the film evenly in a vertical way it wont crease on you. To squeegee it out, I use a bulldozer and a wrapped slammer.

Back window is easy

Front doors are easy as well. 

Another thing, for all the doors, cover the panels really well, with any plastic or toweling you might have. Once you see how the panels material looks, you'll not want to get it wet. 

Hope this helps! Good luck and post up your final product! 

Take your time on this one, especially if it's your first. I've only done 3 but they keep getting easier the more they're done. 

First off the back doors that swing open like a suicide door, in my opinion dry shrinking those like you would a back window is best. I find wet shrinking them like you would a normal door creates crazy fingers in a small surface area with no room to disperse the fingers evenly to relieve tension. So dry shrinking them will save a lot of time and hassle in my opinion. 

Secondly, those rear quarters will take some time, be patient whilst installing them. The way I find easiest is installing the tallest end of the film first which would be facing the front of the car, slowly bind up your film in the center in order to clear your space to get the small tail end of the film into its space, you'll see what I'm talking about once you have the vehicle in front of you. I've heard some people even back roll it, but my hands are too big for such a space as that quarter window. As long as you bind the film evenly in a vertical way it wont crease on you. To squeegee it out, I use a bulldozer and a wrapped slammer.

Back window is easy

Front doors are easy as well. 

Another thing, for all the doors, cover the panels really well, with any plastic or toweling you might have. Once you see how the panels material looks, you'll not want to get it wet. 

Hope this helps! Good luck and post up your final product! 

Thanks for the heads-up!

Archived