15% QDP My thoughts

I received the roll less then two weeks ago, and its already done. It shrink just like the other QDP line of films, installs the same, and same adhesive. I really like the color, and its a great option for clients, as 5% is too dark for some and 20% could be on the lite side. So this 15% is awesome. 

Been using QDP for a while now, and thank G-d i have had zero issues, in fact i tinted my own truck first with it, and it is still the same yet the clear coat on my truck has gone south lol. Thanks Howard and EWF for providing such a nice film!!!

FBO

Hi FBO,

On behalf of the entire crew, sincere thanks to you for the kind words as always.

We sold more than 50% of the first delivery within 2 weeks of when we received it.  More stock is on the way.  We did expect that all of the performance and handling characteristics of the 15% would be identical to the rest of the VLT range.  I am not privy to all the details involved in the dyeing process (few people are) but my understanding is that the process is started with the darkest VLTs and the dye bath solution is diluted to create each subsequent/lighter VLT.   So all other aspects of the film should be identical, just a lighter density dye.

QDP is absolutely rock solid.  Our California warehouse crewmembers have had that film on their vehicles going on 10 years now.  They report the same thing you just did - the film still looks great.

Big thanks to the team at Global/Garware for these awesome products which have proven to be rocket fuel for us.

Regards,

Howard

FBO,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with the QDP 15%. As the newest members of the Global/Garware family, it is definitely reassuring to hear the numerous positive feedbacks pertaining to the quality of the Global products and how these responses align with our own perceptions of the products from this great company. As Howard has expressed many times, the greatest asset for Global/Garware is that they manufacture their products from the ground up. This insures quality and consistency from roll to roll and year to year.

We are pleased to be partnered with such a well respected company when it comes to Howard and all the great folks at Global Express/EWF.

The Global-Dragon Team

Hi Shawn !!

Sincere thanks for the kind words.  Fortunate are we who carry this wonderful product.  I have been in this game a long time and from a distribution standpoint, it really is just wonderful.  Consistent, reliable, user friendly.  This product is the fuel that powers our engines at EWF.  It takes decades to earn a good reputation in this industry and the word is now widespread.  Global = Quality.

Regards,

Howard

I wonder how the fade resistance of this film compares to 3m CS in accelerated aging tests and/or real world?

When i first started using this film, five years ago. My truck was used as a test vehicle and so was my mothers car. I installed a 40% QDP on the front doors, and it metered 31%, and this truck is always outside. Best part is that, it is parked with the drivers side facing west point. In the last couple of years, the clear coat on my truck started to give out on the drivers side where it gets cooked everyday. 

I metered out the glass again, and it has gained VLT, or in your terms faded out just one percent, yes it now meters 32%. If you ask me, that is pretty good for five years under the sun, and i live in the hot part of CA, 105-108 degrees. 

A close by shop, which is about 100 yards away from mine has been using SG for years, and their son was bad mouthing my shop and the film (QDP) that i use, funny thing is that they are now selling QDP :) 

Also, you can't beat the price of QDP, you can get two rolls of it for the same price of mmm CS. Give this film a try, you will be surprised to see how well it is constructed. 

Back in 2004 I still viewed Global film as an entry level film and that may have been true at the time.

I'm currently using Global HP films and believe they are now higher quality than those made by manufactures located in Florida and Nevada.

Wish I knew what happen to the 3M CS film I installed, but never liked having to re-learn installation technique.

I'm here because I was wondering about it.  I think the adhesive is different.  Has a smell to it I hadn't noticed with other QDP VLTs and tacks quicker.  I also notice a bit of a blue hue compared to the nice brown I get with others.  I was actually wondering if it was a different film.  The shrink is still great but I did have a tiny bit of liner separation in a spot or two.  Maybe its just my distro?  I could only buy it starting about a month ago or so.

Archived